Saturday, June 27, 2009

GSG Preview Swap

I almost wasn't going to swap with the preview items I ordered. I was just going to wait until we did our new catty swaps. I held off, until some gentle nudging took place, and then I said what the hey. Because I signed up late and I only ordered two sets, I didn't have much choice (we like to keep the swaps balanced with a wide variety of samples so we keep it to 2 or 3 people per set). I picked to use the new sentiment set, Teeny Tiny Wishes. You are going to LOVE this set, if you don't already. It's got it all in there, with lots of fun fonts. I focused on a fun new color combo (cased from the new catty)-Old Olive, Razzleberry, Bermuda Breeze and Crushed Curry. I did some distressing, stitching and added a fun circle image from Circle Circus to help set off my sentiment (along with the NEW Modern Label Punch). I cranked out 11 of these in about an hour and twenty minutes! I added an olive brad to this card, but some of the others have a Rose Red brad (from the Rich Regals brad pack) and I think is looks great with the razzleberry color. It's not a perfect match, but a great compliment. My parents are in town so I'm off to have some fun with them and the boys. See you Monday! Hugs, Lisa

8 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the new colors! Can't wait to get my catty in the mail and order some! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lisa!! Can't wait to see it in person!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! Makes me wish I had pre-ordered. :)

    Have fun with your parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Lisa! I love the layout, and the color combo is a WOW, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, this is super cute!! I knew I should have joined this swap, darn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous color combo, and great details! Even better IRL, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa, I just got home today (just in time to leave again tomorrow) and my swaps were on my doorstep! WOW! I so adore your card and you know what??? I knew it was yours as soon as I saw it- flipped it over and squealed when I was right! I think this was our BEST SWAP EVAH! I love each of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!