I have a quick photo tutorial for my Rainbow card, so I'll kick things off today with my IT'S GETTING DEEP card.
It's a pretty simple layout. I accented the main ALM image with the new MINI MONARCH BORDER DIE-NAMICS. I do love the tiny circle on this one. I added the sentiment to one of the MINI TABS FOURSOME DIE-NAMICS. My Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher added some simple accent to help make it stand out.
Here's a closer look. I added some Sukura Gel Pen to accent the metal end of the shovel. Oh, and that pretty ribbon....it's the some of the new MFT Grosgrain ribbon in Tangy Orange. Check out all the ribbon colors, HERE.
Now how about my rainbow card? I really had so much fun making this one. I think this ALM-THE RAINBOWS WILL COME, is such a fantastic set. Not to mention, all the sentiment choices if you also purchase the new UMBRELLA STAMP SET AND DIE-NAMICS??!!!
I loved this sentiment, I used it on my card (stamped on a First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics) and decided to make my own rainbow. Quick and easy, thanks to a few fun products.
Supplies needed: Scor-tape sheets, Rainbow Die-namics, and twine.
Here's how I did the rainbow.
1. Cover a piece of cardstock with Scor-tape sheets. Making sure the piece is large enough to cover the RAINBOW DIE-NAMICS.
2. Run through your die cut machine.
3. Here's the rainbow after it's cut.
4. Add tape (I used Jody Boosters) to cover this side of the rainbow. This is normally the front of the rainbow, but in this case it will be the backside. Take care to make sure your Boosters connect all the pieces of the rainbow, so it will stay together in the finished project.
5. Turn over the rainbow and begin to peel each strip, one layer at a time. Tip: if your cut marks do not go all the way through, you might have a harder time peeling. You can make this work,even if your backing comes off all in one piece. Just take extra caution when attaching your twine in the next step.
6. Add your twine one color at a time. Working in the rainbow order-ROY G BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, Indigo, Violet).
7. I decided NOT to use the full size of the Rainbow Die-namics, so I carefully removed the unused pieces.
8. Turn the rainbow over and trim off the end pieces.
9. Here's the finished twine Rainbow.
And here is a close up the rainbow in action on my card. I added some felt Cloud Die-namics pieces to the ends.
Thanks for hanging with me today! See you back here tomorrow, same time same place!
Here are the details about the upcoming release on March 6th at 10 PM EST:
- You can attend the New Release Party on March 6th from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can enjoy fun, games, and PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on March 6th at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics, and play along with the MFT Design Team for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on March 6th just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
Now hop on over to Kim's Blog....she has the deatils on today's teasers and the full DT line up for today!