It's time for the April MFTCreative Challenge. This is a monthly feature, where the DT is challenge d to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, "It's all about Mom"!
I have the best mom. She's always been so supportive and loving and a dear friend of mine. When we were growing up my mom worked A LOT of Mother's Day holidays. She was a pediatric nurse and only worked part time. I think she thought it was a way to give the other full time nurses a day to spend with their families, and it was not one of the *BIG* holidays to have to work. We used to always buy her an orchid corsage to wear to to work that day.
So when this challenge rolled around, I knew I wanted to make a pretty felt floral corsage for her. It was super easy to do with all the flower Die-namics choices MFT carries. I think the hardest part was deciding which flowers to use. lol!
ETA:With all the flowers on this card and the corsage....I also thought it worked great with this month's Great Impressions challenge-Lots O'Flowers!
Here's how I put the corsage together.:
1. Cut out all the flowers you want to use (and maybe even a few extras. Be sure to pick various sizes).
2. Assemble the flowers as they are meant to be put together. Add embellishments if you'd like. (I added pearls and micro beads to mine).
3. Cut a circle using the CIRCLE STAX DIE-NAMICS (I used a smaller circle from Stax 1) to use as your base for the corsage.
4. Starting with your largest flower, attach to your base. I used a hot glue gun to adhere my flowers.
5. Continue to attach your flowers, working out and around the circle, being sure to fill in the base.
6. Tuck in your leaves last, to fill in where any of the base might be showing.
7. Add a pin to the back so you can attach the corsage to your shirt or a hand bag.
yeah....I think I need to make myself one of these. I love how it looks on this mini Kate Spade handbag I have. Think of all the different embellishments you could make with all the different felt colors and MFT Floral Die-namics! Seriously....the possibilities are endless ♥
I made a card to match. TheClearly Sentimental about Mothers stampset was just the set I needed to find just the right words for my card. Oops...looks like it's momentarily out of stock...be sure to click the noitfy me button so you know when it arrives back in the warehouse.