Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Creative Challenge-Moms!










It's time for the April  MFT Creative Challenge.  This is a monthly feature, where the DT is challenge d to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, "It's all about Mom"!

I have the best mom. She's always been so supportive and loving and a dear friend of mine. When we were growing up my mom worked A LOT of Mother's Day holidays.  She was a pediatric nurse and only worked part time. I think she thought it was a way to give the other full time nurses a day to spend with their families, and it was not one of the *BIG* holidays to have to work. We used to always buy her an orchid corsage to wear to to work that day. 










So when this challenge rolled around, I knew I wanted to make a pretty felt floral corsage for her. It was super easy to do with all the flower Die-namics choices MFT carries. I think the hardest part was deciding which flowers to use. lol! 

I settled on some PRIMA DONNA PETALS, MINI ROLLED ROSES and a BOTANICAL BEAUTY  along with some of the gorgeous new ROYAL LEAVES DIE-NAMICS. 

I picked my papers and used those as my inspiration as to what colors to make my felt flowers. 

I went with these felt colors....puff white cloud, wisteria, vintage blue and whisper grey.  Have you seen the felt selection???  There are some great choices in the boutique. 

ETA:With all the flowers on this card and the corsage....I also thought it worked great with this month's Great Impressions challenge-Lots O'Flowers!









Here's how I put the corsage together.:









1. Cut out all the flowers you want to use (and maybe even a few extras. Be sure to pick various sizes). 









2. Assemble the flowers as they are meant to be put together.  Add embellishments if you'd like. (I added pearls and micro beads to mine). 









3. Cut a circle using the CIRCLE STAX DIE-NAMICS (I used a smaller circle from Stax 1) to use as your base for the corsage. 









4. Starting with your largest flower, attach to your base. I used a hot glue gun to adhere my flowers. 









5. Continue to attach your flowers, working out and around the circle, being sure to fill in the base. 









6. Tuck in your leaves last, to fill in where any of the base might be showing. 









7. Add a pin to the back so you can attach the corsage to your shirt or a hand bag. 









yeah....I think I need to make myself one of these.  I love how it looks on this mini Kate Spade handbag I have.  Think of all the different embellishments you could make with all the different felt colors and MFT Floral Die-namics! Seriously....the possibilities are endless ♥














I made a card to match.  The Clearly Sentimental about Mothers stamp set was just the set I needed to find just the right words for my card.  Oops...looks like it's momentarily out of stock...be sure to click the noitfy me button so you know when it arrives back in the warehouse.










   I used Jen's Deconstructing sketch for my card.  I love the 3 little scallops (simply scallops medium) and decided to tie in the flower theme to my card by adding another PRIMA DONNA PETALS









And I even finished off the inside.  More CIRCLE STAX 1& 2,  some pearls and fun stitching to complete the card. 










Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have creative project ideas for you today!
Pin It



















Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Lisa, I absolutely ADORE your stunning card and felt flower corsage! What a fabulous idea...I LOOVVE it!!!! I SO want to make one now! I think my daughter would love a little one that she could slide in her hair. Such an inspiring project,hun!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those awesome felt flowers what a gorgeous corsage you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Lisa!!! The card is gorgeous but that corsage is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and corsage! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally doing this! What a gorgeous project, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck...what a stunning card and beautiful matching corsage to go with it. I'm sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have every stamper making these for their purses...including me! Absolutely FABULOUS Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's too much pretty to look at in the post! I love the corsage idea--it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Lisa! The flowers in those colors of felt look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and LOVE your darling felt accent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great corsage and complementing card :) Love the memories that came up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't decide which is more beautiful, the corsage or your card. What a loving tribute to a beautiful memory the corsage is.

    Just incredible.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, this is amazing, I love that corsage idea! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY! This card is gorgeous inside and out--LOVE those pearls on the inside! And that felt flower corsage--LOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo gorgeous!! I am so making one of these!! I remember when we used to buy my mom corsages!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! Your handmade flowers and cards are lovely. Really want to make one for my purse! Thanks for showing me how :)
    So glad you could join us at Great Impressions Stamps Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW what a GORGEOUS project!!!!!!Love it Lisa and your Mom is going love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!