Friday, June 19, 2009

Post no.2 for today!


Hip Hop Hangover
Let the fun begin! It's a Friday addition of Hip Hop Hangover! If you are looking for my Stamp Something post, scroll down. We are giving the lake another go this weekend, hoping for better weather than we had last weekend. The boys are dying to go tubin'. I played along with the Hip Hop challenges and got my June KOTM all inky. The first challlenge-Unity Takes the Cake. I made my ice cream all frosty with yummy stickles glitter! After I had the card all put together, I realized I could have made this into a cupcake by taking off the bottom layer of the cone. There's always next time, right? LOL! Here's a detail shot of the frosting.
Next up was Bits & Pieces and Unity-use scraps on your card. I had all this in my scrapbasket, except for my card base. I've seen lots of these scrappy flowers floating around blogland lately, so I decided to give one a go. I used some Pink Flamingo dsp topped off with a button. Here's a close up of that!

So that's it for today. I'll be back on Monday with my CAS challenge card. Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Lisa

16 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! These cards are fab and I don't have my June KOTM yet....sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, fabulous Lisa, love these! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that ice cream cone! And your scrappy flower turned out beautiful! Hope you have great weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARLING cards, Lisa! I LOVE that big ol' ice cream cone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so cute!! Love the frosty cone!! And the colors on your flower card are so cute!! I love layered flowers!! Yours looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what awesome cards!! Love the glittery stickles on your ice cream cone, and that flower with Pink Flamingo dsp is TDF (To Die For!)!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your second card! Those scrappy flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your flower and the border around it- also, great idea about making a cupcake out of the cone. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your torn paper flower turned out great! Love how you used it as your focal point on your card. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you used that sweet cherry border...and the coloring!!
    fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!