Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer Six Chicks Project Parade

Hello, Hello! Today is June 6th, which means it is time to share the Limelight Summer Projects. That's our theme for this month's projects, SUMMER! What's more summer than beautiful flowers. I'm trying hard to keep them alive this year. I admit, I do not have a green thumb. Maybe that's why I love papercrafting, I can "grow" gardens of flowers and never kill them. LOL! I'm determined to make my flower pots last longer than 4th of July this year. So for my Summer project I made this easy flower pot. With a little white acyrlic paint, some stazon ink, and copics this pot was transformed from a plain 'ol terracotta pot to this!
Stamp is Flowers from Neverland and the ribbon is this gorgeous brown May Arts gingham. And to go along with this flower pot, I created a cute little flower pot card to go along with it!
Here's a shot of the card by itself. I saw these cards make their way around blogland before Mother's Day and I finally got around to making one. Oh, so easy to do.
I found these instructions by Stephanie Luman. I used her measurements and then created this one to fit my style. The paper is new stuff from October Afternoon (be prepared, you will be seeing a lot of it-ducks in a row and cherry hill are Awesome!). I used the same ribbon, added some new Kaiser rhinestones in Split Pea, and some Off Beat buttons to make it all come together. The flowers were cut with some Big Shot dies and punches by Stampin' Up! Oh, I almost forgot. This is a pull out card, so if you pull out the flowers, you'll see they are attached to a little card. I used the beautiful sentiment set by Unity, Something Within, that says, "A Friend Loves at All Times!" I took this over to my BFF today and made her day! That's all for this post. Follow me to see what the rest of the team came up with. I know they will be full of inspiration!
JenMarie, Amy, Lee, Lorie, Mandy, Ryann, and our Guest designer this month, Nikki!
Hugs, Lisa

13 comments:

  1. beautiful project
    love the colors you choose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so cute I think yours is the best one i have seen yet!!! I saw your card over at card patterns congrats and I just love the card you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa...what a fantabulous pot and matching card!!!! darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects Lisa! I was thinking I'd see more of your little flowers today, but this is just as beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I don't have a green thumb either, and I don't try. All our flowers are the kind that keep coming back on their own and I don't have to take care of them, lol! Love your combo of papers on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! These are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all of your big news this week! LOVE this card and pot-- perfect for summer...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, Lisa! This is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this is gorgeous!! I love your version with the patterned paper on the pot, and your flowers are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I LOVE that beautiful card! It's PERFECT with your flowerpot! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that flowerpot is soooo gorgeous!!! What a special gift!! That flowerpot card....equally as stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute flowerpot card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!