Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sports Inspiration

Yesterday I said I would have some soccer inspiration for you all and I guess I could go even more general and say, "here's some sports inspiration" for you. I did this card up for my boys' soccer coaches and then decided to complete a page from Joshua's Spring 08 soccer season using the same papers. The card uses the Fall to Layout #44 and some yummy Jillibean Soup dp. Green card base and twill ribbon are New Leaf from PTI!
So from here I used the sketch from the cool new Scrapbook sketch blog, Scrap and Stamp, started by my friend Alex (along with her friend, Melissa). Here's the sketch, it's such a clean and simple one to work with. I did modify it a bit by leaving off the little accent top piece and by making it a pocket to hold the individual and team photos. My title was done with Basic Grey chipboard alpha and then inked up with some pumpkin craft ink. I rarely use staples in my paper crafting, never have been a fan of them, BUT I must say they actually look good and work well here. I used them to attach my tabs to the photos and to create my pocket for the folders. Not sure if you can see them in this picture, but they are there. Guess, what? There is a prize up for grabs. Limelight Papercrafts is their first sponsor and Mandy is offering up a FAB prize. All you have to do is create a page with this sketch and link it up on the Scrap and Stamp blog. That's all for today! See you tomorrow with some MFT monster smiles! Hugs, Lisa

18 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love all the extra pictures. I'll use staples now and then, too. I'm always nervous at first and then - snap - it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute!!! I love the little photos on the right and the pull out photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your page....love how you created two tabs to pull out extra photos and what a great event to scrap!

    Your card is fabulous too...Nice design and so sweet to thank the coaches for all they do!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...sweet of you to comment on my page. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soccer page is wonderful! I love that pocket to hold more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your page! Could you have them put the name of their blog on the sketch? I often forget who it is from after I print it out. Anyway, this is the layout I've decided to use for my entrance back into scrapbooking. I have to actually print off the pictures yet but wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pocket! Great layout and great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is perfect! I love all the extra pics. thanks for playing along at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally cute layout Lisa - I love this!!! Thanks so much for playing along with SSS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Great idea to add the photo pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout!!! Great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, great card and great page!! Love how you worked the page to pull out extra photos! So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your soccer page!! i have 2 soccer players...i have done lots and LOTS of soccer pics!! LOL thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page!! You did a wonderful job!!! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, you know I love any card with stars on it, it's fab! And I just love your page, the "kicks" title is perfect! Grabs you right away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh! I love the idea of the pull out photo! Well done Lisa and thanks for playing along with us!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is AWESOME! What a great take on the sketch and your little pull cards are very cool. I just love the action shots!! Hope to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow, Lisa! This is great! I love those colors in your layout! You always create WOW cards and pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2 Amazing soccer projects Lisa!! You [age is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at SSS:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!