Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shop Hop with MFT

Tonight's the night!!! My Favorite Things release night! Hopefully you've been hanging out in the forum, and having fun with us. If not, that's okay, cuz you found your way here. Be sure to start the blog hop back at Kim's blog so you don't miss out on all the details and great projects by each of the DT members. If you've come from Michelle's blog, you in the right place.
I was so honored to be this month's guest designer. Thanks for all your support and kind words. I'm so glad I discovered MFT stamps,! The products, the company, and all the friends I've made because of this company just make me happy!
Here's what I've got for you tonight! Of course I'm showcasing my favorite line by MFT-Pure Innocence. I told you the other day just how tickled I was when I saw Kim added this sweet little guy to the line up. Snatch him up quick, the PI stamps always fly off the shelf.

I knew right away I wanted to add him to a tin and store our hot cocoa in it (he's much cuter than the Swiss Miss canister from the grocery!). We got our first snow the other day and are expected to get another 4-6 inches tomorrow. The boys are having a blast playing outside and I always have a cup of cocoa waiting for them when they come in.

I used one of these tins and covered it with some retired SU dp. I stamped the Snow Adorable image on a white perfect panel and colored him with copics. I then created a tag,stitched around the image, and added the sentiment (it's one of 2 that comes with the set). I finished off the tin by stamping the letters to spell out cocoa with the Alphadots stamp set and did up the top of the tin. The letters were punched with my 1/2 circle punch.

Totally switching gears, from snow to rain.....I have one more card to share and it's done with the Umbrella girl Pure Innocence image. It's pretty simple with a little paper piecing and the addition of some glittered garnishes ( I used the Spring collection) to the centers of the flowers.

Okay, so enough babble from me. Off you go to the uber talented, Melody! and when your done, or maybe before your done, be sure to head over to the store and get your order in! Many hugs, Lisa

56 comments:

  1. Super sweet, Lisa! I am like you...three boys...gotta have that stamp! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Lisa!! Great job as guest designer this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cocoa can cover, Lisa! You're right, it's MUCH better than Swiss Miss :) And the umbrella PI is precious! I've enjoyed having you with us this month--you've inspired me no end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa these projects are AWESOME, I LOVE the yellow rain gear!!! LOL Looks like a real slicker does...

    You have done an AWESOME job ALL WEEK!!!! Thank you SO much for all the wonderfulness!!!!

    Congrats Friend... you made it to the end!!!! IN STYLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute, Lisa! I'm so glad you got to hang out with us this month -- you rock, girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic projects, Lisa! Love the little boy cocoa project, and the colors on the umbrella card are DE-LISH! WOW! So glad to have you as guest designer. Love, love, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like the cocoa tin. the colors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable tin, we have lots of snow here too! Love the card too, congrats on being guest designer!

    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, Great job as Guest DT. As always I love your work and I especially like the paper pieced umbrella. I just love those PI stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are ever SO cute. I love the playful papers on both of these & the airbrushing look on Umbrella girl--like a little mud puddle. Super sweet idea to make a cocoa tin too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors. TFS

    okj83@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you covered the tins. What a great idea.

    Big Mamma's gotta hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your projects Lisa! All you project this week have been amazing! You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect combo of image and sentiment for this cocoa set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute , love the new pure innocence sooo adorable

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet! I need warm thoughts. I live in Florida and there is frost on the ground. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your creations with these new sets! Can't wait until mine arrive! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa you did an amazing job as gd! Love both of these - I'd be hard pressed to pick a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both so sweet! I'm really liking the alphadots that I keep seeing on projects.... Hmmm... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both of the projects!!! Great job! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable!! We're looking forward to the snow (and consequently the hot chocolate) today! Yesterday my kiddos bundled up and walked to the woods (with their BB guns of course) and a while later DD called, almost in tears, asking me to come pick them up, she was freezing. I had to bundle up myself and nearly threw my back out trying to heave up our barn door to get the 4-wheeler out. By the time I got the darn thing running they were almost home. One in tears though! I don't think she'll be doing that again anytime soon.

    Anyway, I adore your rainy card too- the colors and your design are top notch! So going in my "cards to CASE" file! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need LOTS of warm thoughts today!! It's so cold. These are darling projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable! That little guy is great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. very cute. the little boy/dog is one of the stamps i just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute!! I love the umbrella card!!!
    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  26. since I have 2 little boys, I am partial to that stamp - so cute! love the cocoa tin. We're having a school snow day here in the Chicago area, so we could use some hot chocolate right about now!

    gotta hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous projects Lisa! It's been great seeing all your amazing projects as this month's Guest Designer! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ack!! This new little PI guy is just so darn stinkin' adorable!! Love your project, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! Love the cocoa tin fella and your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are both so incredibly cute, Lisa! (And yes, the PI boy is WAY cuter than the Swiss Miss canister!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the great idea certainly will covering my coco tin lovely items Bee

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the colors you used on the umbrella card - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely creations, I love the girl with the umbrella.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sweeeeeet! I've been hoping for a little PI boy stamp! I love the cocoa container!

    ReplyDelete
  35. he is so sweet! your work is lovely...and here..snowy allll day so far...might be afraid to go out in the morning...lol...luv all the sets so far...ty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both are adorable Lisa!! Congrats again on being guest designer, you did AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the tin and as Ann said before me, the colours in the card are really super together.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great idea!! I love all of these ideas and what a sweet project to take on. Congrats on being the guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both of these creations are just too cute! I think I am partial to the umbrella girl...she is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a seet set of cards - LOVE that puppy image! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. great use of these two stamp sets. and you're right, much cuter way to do the cocoa. congrats on being the guest designer for this release. you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both are adorable Lisa!! Congrats again on being guest designer, you did AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!