Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Love Birds

We are running a bit slow this morning, thanks to a fun night at a SKATE Party! OMG, did I have a total throw back to my childhood. I loooved skating parties when I was in elementary school and I took 2 of the boys to theirs last night. I rented skates and had fun teaching my little guys how to rock it out on skates. lol! I can't wait till next time and when the boys are even bigger and better on skates so we can zoom all around the rink together. Who am I kidding, by the time that happens they probably won't want me there, right? LOL!
You're here for the card, so here it is. It's a MFT sketch card. I love me a great sketch, and this one was so fun to work with. I've got lots of other ideas for it in my head. I used the adorable little Love Bird set from this MFT kit and paired it up with some Beloved dp. Those little birdies were stamped on kraft and pieced with coordinating paper from the same pack.
I finished the card off with a fun little pinking heart boarder, melon berry twill and brown lace. I think I'm over doing it with Valentine's cards this year, but I just can't stop myself. I guess most of them aren't limited to Valentine's Day, they could be used for Anniversary or just any day love cards! See you tomorrow! Hugs, Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Holy stinkin cuteness! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you nailed another cute one! Love the fresh color combo!

    I gotta ask, did you sport some Farah Faucet hair?? Did you have a big Orange Crush comb in your back pocket of your Jordache jeans? Did you do a couple skate? Yes yes, I'm wandering down memory lane with you!

    My kids loved the roller rink until I took them on a Friday night- they were scared to death and we left within 10 minutes! The teenagers were so crazy and out of control that my kids were in fear of being knocked down and trampled the entire time. I haven't gotten them back since! Stick with Sunday afternoons if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card, Lisa! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally loving the the dp and these little birdies! The skating rink brings back memories- doin' the hockey pockey and falling into people! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh GOSH, I just love this. I love how you pieced it all together, love the colors, the paper, love everything!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!