Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Project Parade with the Six Chicks!!!

It's Jan. 6 already and that means today is a treat day from the Limelight Papercrafts DT. Each month Mandy asks us to create a project with a coordinating card or packaging. This month our theme was Wearable Art!!! I knew right away I wanted to make a cute ribbon flower for my hair. With all the ribbon choices, Limelight carries, I had a hard time deciding what to use. I settled on this fabulous silk ribbon by May Arts. Here's how I did it. To make the flower, you stitch up one side of the ribbon, gathering it as you go. When you get the the end of your ribbon piece, you stitch up the two ends together. I ended up adding a gorgeous stitched brad by Basic Grey to the center of my flower. I love how it pops against the black. I then took a hair clip from my bathroom and sewed my ribbon flower onto the clip. This was really super easy and so fun to make myself a hair accessory (I can't believe I modeled this for you all, but in a house of boys, I was the only one around with hair long enough. Plus it's for me, so I'm happy to share it! Just don't laugh at me).
I thought if I ever made another one of these (just might for my nieces) I thought this cute little pillow box would be a perfect fit for the hair accessory! I used the same ribbon, added another stitched brad and a fun little tag stamped with the Chicks Rule sentiment from the Unity Sept. Store Kit....everything extraordinary! The pink polka dotted dp is from Duck in a Row dp pad by Oct. Afternoon. So, who would have guessed I could be crafty with my stamping/scrapping supplies and make such a fun wearable piece of art? Thanks for the challenge, Mandy! Be sure to see what other inspiring works of art the other Six Chicks come up with this month.

Limelight Papercrafts Blog ~ Mandy
Altered Ambitions ~ Christi
Caffinated Cropper~ Amy
dahlhouse designs ~ Lisa
RyannMarin Designs ~ Ryann
Taylor~Made by... ~ JenMarie

After that, be sure to stop by the
Limelight Papercrafts online store for some great shopping!
ON SALE NOW:
Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly, and select holiday stamps 30% off!

Cosmo Cricket Oh Joy! Crafting Kit ONLY $10!
Selected Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, and other products at major savings!
Hugs, Lisa

8 comments:

  1. This is so fun!! I never think about making hair accessories, but you've inspired me! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and very creative!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo adorable! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, and love the pillow box!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it--I love dressing up my hair--thanks for the quick tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH a sweet gift idea! LOVE the look of the colours against the velvet & the pillow box rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy girl! I somehow missed all this yesterday. I love that you posed with your new hairpiece.. I mean hair accessory (couldn't think of what to call it!). So cute- you are a clever girl! If only my girl would wear stuff like that... but sadly, no.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!