Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday Boys!

Last week was a big birthday week for us (next month is a big Birthday MONTH!). My oldest turned 8 and his best friend and our neighbor turned 9! So I made sure I had some older boy birthday cards done.
This was one of the reasons I was so excited about Stampin Bella's release last month. I think they carry a great line of boy stamps. Now that my boys are getting older, and so are their friends I need to start updating my kid birthday stamps to images geared toward tweens! I think these two work great! (the birthday boy image is one included in my blog candy, didjya see????).
I almost used the new MFT set, Bling Bers. It really is a great set all by itself, because it has quite a few sentiments for lots of occasions. This last one was for my guy. That plaid circle just makes me smile.
I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink and Limitless Labels set. I'm trying hard to use what I've got. I even pulled out some SU stamps yesterday!!!! Wow, I know, I was shocked too. I did order from the new SU mini and can't wait for my goodies to get here. I'm curious about their new clear mount stamps (I didn't get many stamps, mostly accessories!!!). Okay, I've got to get the boys out the door for school. Hugs to you all! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Adorable cards, Lisa!! Love the little tag/ribbon treatment with the 9 on it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great boy cards Lisa!!! I don't have much boy stuff around here because it's just us 2 girls, but it is so much fun to look at!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sniff, sniff..... my baby is turning 9 next week and I am still in shock- I don't know what I will do next year when she hits double digits!! I love the plaid on the 2nd one and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AWESOME Lisa! LOOOOOOOOVE the layouts and papers on these! Totally FAB boy cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome birthday cards, Lisa! Very nice color combinations for boy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are FAB boy cards. Wish I could do them so well. Great job.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO adorable! I love it. I have that stamp coming and I'll have to remember this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!