Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Something's Fishy......MFT à la Mode Teaser no.2

Today we've got another fabulous à la mode to share with you. This one totally speaks to me. I Looooove the fishie (we are a fishing kind of family) and I LOOOOOVE the sentiments that go with this set. The sentiment I used today is my FAVE.

 DH  has been on my case lately, cuz honestly, I use this word a lot and now the boys are picking up my bad habit.   I  hate when they say it.  To them it's a bad word, but I can't stop using it myself.  You know, that ol' double standard. It's a bad habit, bad, bad habit....but I like the word and compared to some other choice words I could be using, it's really not all that bad, right?! LOL! I'm soooo glad it's part of this set.

So, I took the liberty to use it today and it was completely appropriate for this card which I'm sending to a friend who's husband lost his job.

I used the daity dots die-namic on this one and once again stamped my image on the X-Press It Blending cs.  The dp is by Bella Blvd (aren't those fishies just the cutest?!) and the yummy green cs is by MFT it's the Jellybean color. Don't let the picture fool you, it looks like a forest green, but to me it's a dark olive green. I really like it. I finished the card off with some stickles glitter accents to the fish-it's nice and sparkly!

Head on over to Kim's Blog. She's got all the details and the full list of Teaser Posts for today. See you back here tonight for the MFT VIP blog hop! 10pm EST.

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lisa! Love the glitter you added to the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card! Your fishy is adorable. I love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, the dp matches sooo well. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that is hysterical!! And yes, it's a lot better than some things you (or they) could be saying...but I do understand why you wouldn't want them saying it. My 20yo has been saying the word "hell" lately, and it drives me up a tree. He's an adult. It's his business. Right? And yet, I cannot abide it. I don't want him saying it in front of his siblings. They, in turn, tell me they hear much worse at school. It doesn't matter - those other children are not *my* children. If their mothers allow them to speak filth, that's their business. I don't wish to hear it out of my children's mouths.
    So tell me this...back to the subject of cards. Why do I love that stamp when fish freak me out? Your card makes me giggle. It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! Crappie is just NOT that bad... compared to most! LOL And OH BOY but I'd be in DEEP WATER with your DH if he heard ME talk.... 8) So, change it up to CARPIE since you are a fish family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet....love the glitter on the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I opened it, I thought I hadn't seen this one before! Thanks for the sneeky peak and the laugh! Love the glitter on the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for making me chuckle! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo cute, Lisa! I love the sparkles and fishy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, Lisa! I LOVE that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's hilarious Lisa! Love your card and that fishy paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter yells at me too when I use it!!! Like come on, it could be WAY WORSE! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic!! Love the yellow fish!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!