Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MFT Greatest Hits........Valentines

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge will be a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme or product. This month, we were asked  to get creative for Valentine's Day. It's a great occasion to get crafty, and put your supplies to good use. Are you ready to get some ideas for your Valentine's Day gifts? Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of participants to see everything from cards to gift ideas and everything between.



I was just giddy to FINALLY make myself a banner! I knew it would be perfect for this month's Valentine's Challenge and with all the cool dies and tools I own, this project really only took a little under an hour to create (and that was with kiddo interruptions, you know, "mom I need a snack", "mom he's bugging me", "mom, I can't get the Wii to work".....gotta LOVE that! lol!).

I started off with some Fossil cs for my base and used some yummy My Mind's Eye dp (alphabet soup-girl) in pinks and reds for my accent. The rest is all done with MFT stamps and die-namics. I need to tell you now, I'm officially addicted to these rosettes! The die-namic is brilliant and makes for REALLY fast, and gorgeous embellishments (I need to give Ms. Jody a plug, her sticky circle Boosters are the perfect for holding these together. No Mess, No Fuss!).

 Looks like the dies were a big hit on release night, cuz they are sold out at the moment. No worries, Kim will get them back in stock SPEEDY FAST! So keep checkin'! I used both sizes of the rosettes and cut each one in half before assembling them (that way I only needed to run them through my big shot for a total of 4 times-plus it was the right size I needed).

Here's some close ups of the individual banner pieces.




I also had fun digging through all my MFT stamps to find the right sentiments. I pulled sentiments from 3 different sets-PI Something Special Just For You (she's currently out of stock, too! sorry.), More Essential Sentiments, and You Spin Me Additions.

Other MFT products used:
Heart a Plenty die-namics
Perfect Plaid Ribbons
MFT Buttons

Don't forget to hop on over to Kim's blog to see the full line up of Valentine Inspiration from the DT! Thanks for checking in here!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS banner. I LOVE it!!! Could you tell me what die you used for the banner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling banner! Love the combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in totally awe....wow this is such an absolutely awesome banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE... I need to NOT be AFRAID of that rosette die... BOTH of them... EEEK! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. How SWEET is this - love your banner Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa for leaving a comment on my blog about the die you used. I really appreciate it.
    Have a great day!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO SO cute, Lisa! Gorgeous details!
    I really need to make a banner -- thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in love with this, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous banner Lisa! I can't wait to play with the new Rosette dies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is REALLY REALLY cute. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your amazing banner!! SO CUTE!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAACK!!!! Love this!! Made one for Xmas but, never got pics and posted....love these things!!! Your Valentine one is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! This is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! Do you need my addy? This would look AWESOME in my dining room!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!