Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Be an MFT VIP!

It's time again for another great My Favorite Things VIP kit. That means you can get a whole fabulous bundle of MFT products 2 weeks early(before the Feb. release), including the new Who's That Girl stamp set! This kit is only available for 1 day, so act fast. And while you're at it, don't forget the new cute à la modes....you'll want to make sure those end up in your cart, too.

Hopefully you just arrived from my oh-so-talented stampy friend, Christina's blog. If not, be sure to hop on back to Kim's blog for all the details about tonights VIP hop!

This month's kit is just as fabulous as ever. Here's what you get:
My How You've Grown VIP Collection $36.90 (will be available ONLY through Jan. 19 at 11:59 PM EST)
  • My How You've Grown WTG stamp set
  • Sweet Beginnings (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again $9 value, FREE)
  • Simply Scallops Die-namics Die
  • My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink 6 X 6 patterned paper pad
  • My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink Bling

I decided to continue on making something sweet for my friend who is having a baby (I shared the Oh Baby! card I made her the other day). I've had this empty jar (while this one isn't from MFT, there are some perfect jars in the MFT boutique, that you can purchase HERE!) sitting on my desk for months now, and while brain storming ideas for this set, it hit me. I love all the sweet sentiments and words of wisdom included in the My How You've Grown set and the FREE mini set, Sweet beginnings. I knew it would make a great way to give advice to any mom to-be, wether it's a new mom or a seasoned mom of 3, like my friend. Little reminders about parenting are always helpful!

I did the jar up in pinks (she found out she's having a girl), added some coordinating buttons with with the button quartet die-namic and mounted it all on the Layered Labels die-namics. I also added a row of scallops, thanks to the Simply Scallop die-namic included in this months kit. I added my favorite sentiment from the set to the decorated lid of the jar. The rest of the quotes I stamped on to coordinating pieces of paper that I rolled up and tied off with some pink twine.

I even added some blank pieces of cs and some extra twine, so in the future my friend can add her own thoughts and sweet moments she wants to remember. That way the jar has a purpose for the future-a sweet place to keep precious baby memories. They do grow so fast and it's easy to forget the little things and moments.
Thanks for hopping by. Continue on to Carole's fabulous blog. I know she'll have a great story to go along with her amazing project.
Happy Hopping and Happy Shopping!

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lisa! This will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects Lisa! The baby advice jar is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just darling & what an amazing gift- sure to be treasured always!! so fantastic Lisa- LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and a fabulous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a PRECIOUS Gift idea Lisa... she will LOVE it, *seasoned Moms* need reminding with all the other hectic times the other 3 kids create :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this project! It's thoughtful and so beautiful! I love that you added extra twine and paper for her own special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Lisa! This is the best idea ever! So perfect for a new mom, needing a little "pick me up" during those sleep-deprived first few months. You are too, too clever, and I'm totally CASing this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable idea Lisa! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. THis is OUT of this world girlie! LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute that is. Love your jar creation. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!