Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch...love is worth the wait

I just adore Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketches.  I love that she is now giving a little extra time to play and actually link up your cards.  I work better with a two week time frame, than I do with a 1 week limit on these types of challenges. You can see her latest sketch HERE!


I pulled out some pretty, Head Over Heels papers by Lilybee.  Those colors are beautiful.  I hadn't inked up the most recent INSPIRED BY FLOWERS set 4  stamp set by MFT, so I used that today.  I decided to stamp the flower in a neutral color, Crumb Cake, since the papers were so vibrant.  I then pulled out some Tangerine Tango ink and added the sentiment right over top of the flower. TIP: When layering stamped images......Always stamp your background image in the lighter ink and add the darker, vibrant ink over top.

I did sneak in a few pretties with some buttons and twine and couldn't resist sneaking in a kraft heart I had on my desk (it's from Homespun Birdhouse and it was the die cut piece from the heart negatives I used on my love card earlier this week!).  Check out that gorgeous kraft lace....it's by Kaiser and I think it's divine!


 Oh, and of course the fishtail banner bit is from the FIRST PLACE AWARD RIBBON DIE-NAMIC. Yep, those are two of my most used die-namics, at least right now.




See you soon!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, that kraft lace was the first thing I noticed! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! What a beautiful card--LOVE that paper and the stitching....LOVE those buttons too! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo gorgeous! Love the flower stamp and the heart/buttons combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!