Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Hip Hop Thursday

It's Thursday...that means tomorrow is Friday AND then the weekend.  It's even better since it happens to be a weekend. My kids have an early release from school tomorrow and no school on Monday! I can't wait to sleep in.
Thursday also means that it's my turn to share a little Unity with you. The Unity DT got to talking and we wanted to add in a little "theme" to hip hop.  Last we and this week, we are sharing some New Year's Resolutions.  I am not one to make resolutions. Never have, don't think I ever will.  That's not to say I don't set some quit, keep to myself goals.

This is one of them......Did I tell you yet?  I've decided to do Project Life.  I love to scrapbook, but I just don't have the time like I used to and I was starting feel burried and overwhelmed with all my photos piling up.  So for me, Project Life will be a great way to keep up.  I am NOT doing the photo a day approach.  Mine will be more like a week at a glance, maybe even a month at a glance, depending on what is going on.  I am going to try hard to capture and include more day-to-day activities.  What I love about PL is that I can do it anyway I want to.

Unity has LOTS of great stamps that will help me embellish  my album.  I started with these Simple Story co-brand, Year O'graphy Banners, to add a little pizzaza to one of the spaces in my title page.

I also added touches of other crafty things I love....corrugated Jillibean letter, scallops, button, and twine.  I even added in a few tiny staples....love that Tim Holtz Tiny attacher. I'll be showing the completed PL title page in another post.

SOMETHING NEW for Unity.....Have you Heard the NEWS??? There is a Stamp of the WEek and YOU WIll want them!!!!  Click HERE to sign up!



Here is the first stamp available NOW!!! Just Sign up and it will arrive at your doorstep.
FOllOW YOUR HearT



It's Hip Hop Day...so off you go to Maria's Blog.

Next Blog

Be sure to head over to the Unity Blog, too.....Angela will have all the details about ALL the FANTASTIC  and NEW stuff happening.



Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Awesome page, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! Thanks for sharing.
    Brittany B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my.. gorgeous.. this is making me want to do Project Life again this year.. I love what you have done Lisa.. Perfect stamps!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful! I especially love that corrugated letter and the sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice !!
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this awesome card Lisa! I especially love the corrugated "H", which goes so well with the whole card/stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the start of your page, Lisa. Can't wait to see the rest. I am so impressed by this project life that I have to go check it out. Love this kit of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The zig zag stitching looks great with the banner pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combo of papers. Colors, textures, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LoVE THAT BANNER STAMP....Its Super cute.
    And that SCALLOPS & ZIG ZAG stitching adds a wonderful touch to yr work.

    TFS
    Hugs,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Good for you for doing PL. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!