Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MFT and Scor-Pal....A Message for you



Welcome, welcome! What a fun surprise, huh?  Seeing My Favorite Things pair up with Scor-pal.....two of MY favorite things.  


You are in for a TREAT....the two design teams are joining forces today to share some crafty goodness. Head on over to KIM'S BLOG for all the details.






You know I love MFT and use their stamps and Die-Namics ALL THE TIME, but I don't speak of my love of Scor-pal products as much as I should.  They are a kind of "behind the scenes" product I used on almost ALL of my project. In my opinion, Scor-tape is by far the best adhesive for attaching embellies and chipboard to projects...the fact that you can tear it is why I love it so much! I also use it when when I'm making 3-D boxes or packages....it's strong!  


Here I show you  that I also use it on the back of my panels to hold button thread in place.  I stitched on my button and didn't want the bulk of a knot on the back of my panel, so Scor-tape holds it in place and keeps it FLAT.



Today I made a sweet little file folder card.  I saw Beate make one a few weeks back and I loved the look of it. Quick and Easy when you have a Scor-pal (I actually have the Scor-buddy and adore it's cute size!).


I started with a  3.75 inches x 12 inches piece of textured kraft cs. Using your Scor-pal (or Scor-buddy) score at 1 inch and 6.5 inches.  


Using a corner rounder, round the corners of the 1 inch flap. This creates your file folder, then go ahead and decorate as you wish.


 I stuck with the "office theme" and inked up the oh-so-cool JUST MY TYPE stamp set and matching Die-Namics.  You can also see strips of the NOTEBOOK EDGE DIE-NAMICS AND MEDIUM SIMPLY SCALLOPS


 Today I also thought I'd share with you how I line up my stamps that have matching die-cuts.  I LOOOOVE not having to cut things out by hand, so any stamp that has a die to match, I'm all over it. But sometimes it's tricky to line up the stamp to fit the die cut piece.  I follow a tip THE OH-SO-CREATIVE JODY shared with me....ALWAYS stamp first, then die cut


Here's how I do it......



  • Flip your die over and Trace Around it with pencil.  Don't worry, the pencil lines won't show up in your final project, the outside of the die is larger than the actual cut piece. You'll see.   On this example, I did not trace around the piece of paper on the die, since it cuts separately, I didn't need to include it for my guide.




  • Using the pencil lines as your guide, go ahead and stamp your image directly in the center of the   trace lines. 

  • Line up your die again with the pencil marks you drew the first time, cut side down.  I then tape it down with "washi tape". Any low tack, or repositionable tape (you can even de-stick tape by sticking it to your clothes a few times to remove some of the tackiness of it) will work. 



  • Run it through your die cut machine and Wa-La! A perfectly placed stamped image every time!



I also did up the inside of my file folder.  Take a look.  


More NOTEBOOK EDGE and SCALLOPS.  


I also added a bit more ribbon and some fun score details to my inside message. It's another fun accent you can create with your Scor-pal. 


Thanks for stopping by. I'll send you on your way.  


Hop on over to Kim's Blog for the list of bloggers today and don't forget to hop on over to the Scor-pal blog as well! LOTS to see today! Have fun.


**click any of the graphics below to be taken directly to the product**
try it, it's fun.




Photobucket

56 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using scortape to hold down threads on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative ! what an awesome bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my! I love this vintage typewriter and you've created such an amazing little card - so sweet with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this file folder card idea, Lisa! It's a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Great use of the dies and what a fun closure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! Lots of creativity~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I need this stuff you used! My life would be a lot easier, lol!! Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! I love the button closure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeeek!! What a CUUUTE card!! I love this little file folder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The file folder card is amazing!! Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--love all that creative thought that went into this project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many fun little elements on this! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Thanks for showing how to get the stamp and die to line up well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Thanks for showing how to get the stamp and die to line up well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AWESOME Lisa! LOVE the colors, papers and all the fun elements on this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card. I used to have one of those typewriters----long ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I love how neatly you have it tied up with the button and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the typewriter..I have not bought this yet, but this sure makes me want it. thanks for the cute idea. ksh

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card design. Great display of these fabulous products! tfs joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous card! I love this typewriter stamp set and die to match. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Scor-Tape!! Isn't it the best adhesive for crafting?

    Thanks for the great card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this card. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all those different patterns on your adorable card! Thanks for the tip on positioning the stamp inside the die!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh, love that die! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the creativity of this card! Super interactive and I love that! What an excellent job! :)

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, I love the dp on the notebook edge, what a fun file folder, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lisa, this is great, amazing scor project!

    ReplyDelete
  28. ok firstly. i am so happy there is a scorpal/MFT blog hop! i just love both products and secondly I NEED inspiration to see how to use the scorpal to its fullest and the MFT dies along side it! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this card the fold is very cool tfs Kat

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your file folder card! I need to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a pretty card! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OmGoodness I Just Love your file folder card! It's just Darling inside and out! And thanks so much for sharing the tip on lining up the stamp and die and thanks for the Wonderful inspiration too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card! Fun closer idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just stunning Lisa!! Fabulous tips!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a truly amazing card. Love this style and thanks for sharing your tip on how to stamp and then die-cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tiny but cute. Thanks for the tutorial on lining up the die-namics with the stamp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous and thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love all the special little touches. amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great card! Love the file folder idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The file folder card is a great idea, thanks for the scor tape idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very creative! Thanks for the scor-tape tip :-) Fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabulous. Love the typewriter die and stamp. The Scor Pal sure makes all the folds so much simpler. Great job. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh - thanks for the tip on stamping then cutting! Brilliant! (and love the card too!)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cute card. Thanks for sharing how you stamp then cut.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this gorgeous green ribbon and how clever to add it to the inside. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!