But first... it's time for our Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally!
Our Design Team has been busy creating jaw-dropping and inspiring projects for you, and we've saved the best for last.
We've taken an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight at 10 PM EST RIGHT HERE in the MFT Boutique.
And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list.
Here are the details about the upcoming release on January 3rd at 10 PM EST:
- You can attend the New Release Party on January 3rd from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can enjoy fun, games, and PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on January 3rd at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- You have just a few more hours to submit your entry for this month's guest designer contest. Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics, and play along with the MFT Design Team for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on January 3rd just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
I was inspired by the new PI-BERRY SWEET and the oh-so-fun (not to mention easy) STRAWBERRY BOX DIE-NAMIC to make this adorable gifty for a friend. I used more of the yummmy Dove Dark Chocolates to fill the little boxes....see, I didn't eat ALL of them ;)
The berry pint box was cut with a Silhouette file (it was one that used to be in the MFT store that Jody created. Sure glad I had it saved). I accented it with strips of the WONKY SCALLOP BORDER and edges the sides with a bit of white craft ink.
Let me show you how easy the strawberries are to make. The detail in the die is awesome! Here it is cut in paper. Aren't those seeds awesome!!!!
I made mine with MFT Felt. I loved the softness the felt adds to my whole project. Plus, the felt cuts like buttah and I love running it through my die cut machine with my die-namics.
- Add a bit of adhesive to the little tab. I use score-tape
- Pull the tab and attach it to the inside of the opposite side. This will create the base of your Berry Box.
- Decide what you want to use to tie up your Berry Box. Here I'm showing you ribbon, but on my finished project I used twine. You will want to double up on your ribbon and fold it in half (this will allow you to tie a pretty bow when you are done). The trick for me is to make the knot big enough so it won't slip through the holes that the die cuts. I had to double know this piece of ribbon and actually triple knot the twine.
- Pick a hole to start with and thread your ribbon through, with the knot on the inside
- Next thread your ribbon through the flap directly across from the first hole.
- Continue to another hole and at this point you will want to add your goodie. I tucked in a piece of choclate.
- Then finish off threading your ribbon through the last hole, closing up the box completely.
BERRY BOX ASSEMBLY TUTORIAL
Either way, with felt or paper, the berry box asssembly is the same.
To make the ribbon fit through the button holes. Use your ribbon scissors to snip a narrow, pointy end to the ribbon. This will allow it to thread through the button holes easier.
And here is my finished BERRY BOX. Ahhhh, it's soooo CUTE!
I made a matching tag to tuck inside my pint box. I just love this darling PI. The tag was cut from my fave TAG YOUR'RE IT die-namic.
I added a new SCALLOP ROLLED FLOWER cut from some canvas. I love how the scallops help add to the texture of the flower. I've also tucked in a few LEAFY FLOURISHES. They seemed a little large to use all on their own, so I took my paper snips and cut the flourish down to a size I felt appropriate for my tag. Plus, I only had to cut 2 with my die cut machine.
The sentiment was added to a fishtail banner from the First Place Award Ribbon. The pieces in this set are so versatile.
Here's the finished project, again. Now to decide who to give this too. Someone, Berry Sweet!
Stop by Kim's blog for all the Pep Rally Day goods! There's a whole big crafty line up, you won't want to miss!!!