Monday, March 21, 2011

{ippity} hop with a TWIST!

It is the final week of the March challenge with a Twist...be sure to get your creations posted by the end of the week so you have a chance at our GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE totaling over $70 worth of product! WOWZA!
So it is our actual TWIST week and Eva has asked us to Hand Stitch on our cards.
 I admit, I was a bit intimidated with this request, but a challenge is a challenge AND my machine is still broken or just not working (how do you know if your sewing machine has died???)
  AND I've been secretly wanting  to try some French Knots.
(my friend Megan has done a great tutorial on HOW TO with these knots)



 Plus, I had a great inspiration for my card, thanks to my Virtual Stamp day with my friend Kristin last Thursday (this sketch is from pg.131 of the SU catty and colors from the back inside cover).
Seems like I need LOTS of birthday cards lately. I used the beautiful sunshine image from
Quotes à la Happy
and (of course) my favorite, go-to sentiment set,
 How You Doin'?

I look forward to diving into the {ippity} gallery and seeing all your creations. Remember to use keywords, ippity and IHHTC3 when uploading.
Maria is up next. I'll meet you there.
Next Blog
Don't forget to stop back to the ippity blog for the list of chicks that are joining us today.

AND if you need a little more ippity, there is a quick post from the LISA'S on Unity today!

Enjoy your Monday.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Lisa this is so pretty!
    Love the layout!
    Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration! I have to admit hand stitching on the card has me a little intimidated as well!
    Have a great week!
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, love this layout. Love the sun and your knots. I hope you figure out what's wrong with your machine, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I love this Lisa some many great details on this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Lisa! Great embossed edges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Lisa! I love the embossing and the french knots are are the perfect touch on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your french knots! Fantastic!

    Lisa a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I am crazy but I cannot see your project :( I see the post but no layout - not even a space where it should be... I went over to the gallery at SSC and didn't see it their either... I'll check back but obviously it was awesome judging from the previous comments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love your SUN!! it is amazing with all that twinery goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous! love the stitching around the sun, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I've been dying to try French Knots as well. I just need to watch the tutorial a time or six to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, this is so pretty and I just love the layout, too and your twine and I have been so wanting that darn embossing folder, too. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it & the stitching is way too good.... :)

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!