Thursday, March 24, 2011

Colored 'lil Houses... Make it Monday

Another week, another Make it Monday challenge. This week we were asked to color on non-neutral cs.  Copics make this easy to do, blending is a little different, but you can quickly color or hightlight an image by stamping on colored cs first. The Papertrey Ink Blog has a great tutorial on this.
I pulled out the sweet, whimsical set, Wonderfully Whimsical.  It's been a long time since I pulled this one out. The images are small, so it was harder to show shading with my copics, but I did.
PTI card stock I used was Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and Spring Moss.  You'll see I added a little outline to the clouds, and softened that line with the colorless blender.  I also added a bit of accent to my designer paper scallop.
Oh, and I couldn't resist adding in a ric rac border.  Gotta get those die-cuts in. Thanks for stopping by today.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is so cute. I love the little cloud tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally cute, Lisa!! I just love that ric rac border you added. Such a cheerful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable card Lisa. You did a great job on the shading. I know how small those little houses are. I love the added little detail to the clouds and rick rack is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love this stamp set. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oodles of cute, Lisa, and your colorful ric rac border adds just the right touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I like the nice simple layout that lets the images take center stage. Love the stripe-y ric rac strip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa your card is such a cute card, love your choices of colours and a great touch on the cloud also..hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what you did with the card. Now i think i may need that stamp set. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, that is such a cute card. LOVE the scene you created.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!