Friday, March 11, 2011

FWF....Smiles

We woke up to snow on the ground......WTH???!!!! It's just a dusting, but still it's snow. I NEED SPRING!!!
I guess for now, paper flowers are as close as I'm gonna get.  I do have this pretty card to share made with Unity's Donna Downy set, Insightful Meadows. Ahhhhh! Love how big these stamps are, but yet I was still able to use them in the small space of a 1 3/4 inch square.  Papers are by Echo Park, For the Record.
I used this week's Hip Hop sketch for my starting point and ended up adding a few extra layers.  I prettied it up with some die-namics (small open scallop and butterflies) by MFT and finished it off with some seam binding ribbon!

There is always lots going on at Unity. Be sure to check out the new Unity Stamp Co. TV channel over on YouTube. Here's the Channel. Lesley has done a great job on this week's tutorial. Tags are so fun to make.
Here's the sketch and challenge info. Another $15 gift certificate is up for grabs! Come play along!


Duck on over to the Unity Blog for today's FWF line up!


Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. LOVE the scrappy look and mix of color on this, Lisa! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve got try that seam binding trick...love the soft look of it. darling take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all the different colors and styles you made work together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the 3D embellishments on your card! Fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Lisa, but I don't expect anything less when I come to your blog! ;) I need to get my hands on some of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your take on the sketch and love the card!!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous and I love your custom embellies from the Ippity post too!! AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card with my favorite Donna Downey set of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layers of paper that you used! GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love all the elements: the dp, the stamped images, the ribbon and scallop strip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll trade your dusting of snow for my foot of snow!!!! It just never seems to end, gah! Anyway, your card is so collage-y and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! I love all the layers and all the great little details. Fabby job girlie.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the layers on this card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!