Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MFT WSC....I get scrappy!

Another week, another Wednesday.....love this day.  I have my weekly bible study, it's the middle of the week (only 2 days till the weekend!) and there is  always a great sketch to work with. This week I used the sketch to make a scrapbook page.  I think it was the banner, that lead me this way....well, that and the fact that I had these pics from my little guy's 2nd. birthday (he's 4, now) staring me down.
I ♥ the Fishtail Banner die-namics.....I just used the straight edged flags for his banner, figured the scallops made it a little too, girly. Of course the open zig zag was a perfect match.  It's one of my go-to-boy dies, love that, too!
I did up the title on the Four Point frame, since the sketch called for that. I added a Hearts A Plenty heart, along with a Jillibean corrugated number and his name.  Letters were all stamped with the Typewriter alphabet. Some Jillibean dp and this page came together rather quickly. A few wood vaneer buttons and yummy twine, finished this one off. Here's a closer looksie at the banner. Oh, and the hearts were cut with the teeny heart from the Notched Tag die-namic.

Check out the rest of the DT samples with this week's sketch over at Kim's Blog.
Then join us in the MFT forum for all the fun!
Enjoy the day!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you got scrappy! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A scrapbook page....brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! AMAZING page and I LOVE the pics of your little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love that you made the sketch into a scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great page, lisa--thats one happy boy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!