Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MFT May Creative Challenge

Oh, boy and what a challenge it was. LOL!  Happy Tuesday and welcome to the My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge for May. In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. The Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we explore our creativity using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, Eva and Arlene have challenged us to give monochromatic coloring a try! Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!
EEEEEK! I was scared.  I think we all were.  Many of us had never tried this technique, but a challenge is a challenge AND I thought it felt good step out of my comfort zone a bit. I stuck to a gray scale and colored up the new skater girl, Roll With It! I did this all with 4 Copic markers....C1, C4, C7 and my colorless blender.  Oh, and I did add a touch of blush to her cheeks with an R02.  I have to say......I really love this.  I think because I'm so proud of myself for trying something new!
I played up the grays throughout the card (strips of the scallop ribbon die-namic), but also didn't want the whole card to be blah. So I used some fun Lime Twist papers in a gorgeous color combo. Of course, the speech bubble from Say What? was a no-brainer, thanks to the sweet design on the paper.  I added some stitched ribbon, a button with some twine in lilac to pretty it all up!

I decided I'm giving this one to my neice for her birthday, so I finished off the inside, too.
Another Say What die-namic speech bubble, strip of scallop ribbon and the sentiment from Just My Type!

Check out Kim's blog to see what other fabulous monochromatic creations you'll see today!
They really are beautiful!
Give it a try.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love the C's and how you used them. This is so great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lisa, love the grey coloring in combination with the bright patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out amazing, Lisa! Great coloring and the papers you used are so fun! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a sweet card, and the colors make it great for a teen, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The greys kind of scared me but yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you're so great. Your style is so unique and this card is totally perfect!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS Lisa!! LOVE the cool greys you used! The papers and layout are FAB as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet Lisa!!! Love this!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!