Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MFT....Christmas in July

I took the challenge.  It was tough, I must admit.  It was tough getting in the holiday mood to create for this month's Creative Challenge with the MFT DT. It took me forever to get motivated, but a little Christmas music and  a fun look at all my MFT HOliday stamps and Die-namics and I was good to go.  In fact, I think I almost go carried away. lol! I couldn't stop making tags.  I'll share with you in a minute. 




The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to kick-start our holiday projects with Christmas in July. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers.
I have LOTS to show you....let's get started.



I thought a cute tin stocked up with some ready to go tags from super simple to extra special  would be a great gift idea, or just give me some extra wiggle room come Holiday time.  
While I had all my supplies out I even make a cute holiday card.  I finally added this PI to my collection a few months back, so this gave me the perfect excuse to get her inky. She's called PRESENTS FOR YOU, and I know she is super popular. 



I pulled out some MFT KRAFT cs, and a few of my favorite greens that coordinated with the holliday papers from Authentique. I love the vintage feel of these. I used bits and pieces of these papers throughout my project.  I know I have said it before, but if you use the same colors, papers, and embellies through out your project your end result will always be amazing!


Since my project centered around tags, I knew a layered up TRADITIONAL TAGS STAX would be a fun way to show off this PI cutie. I stamped her onto X-press Blending card stock and colored her up with Copics.  I gave her a big stack of brown paper packages tied up with bows! I also added one of the small round tag from LET'S TOAST.  There's a bit of tinsel glitter to add a bit of sparkle to her outfit.

Here's a close up look at my favorite snowflakes....LET IT SNOWSeriously LOVE these trio of snowflakes.  I have two sets and cut up a bunch of flakes at one time to use throughout my cards and tags today. Anything to save a little time. I tucked in a felt doily from MINI DOILY CIRCLES.

I added some of the gorgeous new buttons that you can now get from MFT. SWOON!!! Love the colors, and variety of shapes.  Lots of exciting, good stuff going on in MFT WORLD!

I had a clear topped tin in my stash and I love making an easy belly band to decorate it up. 

I made the coolest 3 dimensional star (thanks to Joanne for the link on how to make these.  She showed us on a Friday Feature right before Father's day).  It was easy with the largest STARS STAX DIE-NAMICS. I also added a strip of the SCALLOP RIBBON DIE-NAMICS  and added the letters thanks to BY THE LETTERS. I cut those is HOT FUDGE CS.

A belly band is easy to make. I cut one strip of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock into a 3 inch strip. It fits nicely around the tin, I used some slight folds as I wrapped it around the tin, but then I did add score marks at 3, 4, 7.5, and 8.5 inches.  I used a piece of Score-tape to adhere the belly band together.

Circles just make me happy. I love all the different sized lables I can create with the CIRCLE STAX 1 & 2 DIE-NAMICS. Here I made some easy,simple round shipping tags.  I stamped a little snowflake detail from CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS, and the To: and From: is from the PI- Presents FOR YOU.  A little twine finishes it off.

After I made these easy peasy tags, I decided to do a few up for those extra special gifts come holiday time. I used lots of the same elemets on each of these, but made everyone unique and different.

This is how I started the whole process....cut all my tag pieces and then got busy.


This first one I added another one of those 3-D stars and a cute circle tag that I stamped the pretty scripty "for you" from LET'S TOAST. There's a sweet OPEN SCALLOP BORDER, stitching and more twine and another MFT Button.
Next one I used the vintage Santa from INSPIRED BY CHRISTMASI just love this image...it's one of my favorite holiday images. I used the teeny tag from CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS to added the word "merry".

I've got another tag, here that uses a sentiment from TAG YOU'RE IT. I added it to a fishtail flag from FIRST PLACE AWARD RIBBON (told you I used a TON of MFT product for today's project).

I decided to add a vintage jingle bell to this one. I just sewed it on, to ensure it won't fall off. Lovin' this cappaccino twine.

One last tag to finish off the set. I think it might be my favorite. I embossed the whole thing with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and added another giant rounded tag  made with CIRCLE STAX with the "no peeking" sentiment from TAG YOU'RE IT.

I also decorated it up with another fun snowflake, stitching, and a button.

How about a group shot? Aren't they sweet all lined up together.

I wasn't finished yet.  I had a few more snow flakes left over and I didn't want them to go to waste.  AND I wanted to play around with some of the CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS DIE-NAMICS. So I took a glance at my Die-namics stash and decided on some Tickets. I used the solid outline stamp from the Just the Ticket stamp set to give each ticket a stamped border.


I can't wait to add these to some packages come Holiday time. They were quick and easy to make, yet, they'll really add that WOW! factor to any gift.

Thanks for hanging with me today. I had so much creating this card and all of these tags.




 

Kim's Blog has the full lineup for today's Creative Challenge Post....be sure to hop on over there to see who all is playing this month.

Here are the Die-namics I used for today's project! 


















Pin It

Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift idea Lisa, I am sure the receiver will totally LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you were busy. Love the tin of tags ready to go for a gift or for yourself. Love how you used the same idea and then changed it up a bit. Darling card! ksh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing project. Love the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed this challenge with that sweet card and all those gorgeous tags! Now, just don't forget where you put them when it's time to gift wrap in December! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all of your projects today, Lisa!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh!! What awesome projects!!! Those tickets are genius! LOVE everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags and I love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are gorgeous! I **LOVE** the bells!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHUT UP!!! I love this, OMG, all the different die's, embellishments, tags, everything, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all of your projects today, Lisa!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!