Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cupcakes and MFT



Welcome! MFT has been busy cooking up some summer fun.  MFT is sponsoring this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.  Have you seen the challenge? It's a fun challenge blog and we are so happy to be playing along this week. 
Here is the gorgeous inspiration photo we get to use.



 It's deelish and pretty and so inspiring. I was really drawn in with the colors and all the round layers from the cupcake stand. So I created a round card and added LOTS of pretty to it.





The round card base was easy to create with the help of my CIRCLE STAX 1 &2 DIE-NAMICS.  Then I pulled out the lovely HIGH TEA DOILY DIE-NAMICS. I used a thin cardstock (SU Very Vanilla) to cut it out and then used the awesome Pop-Out Tool to quickly punch out all those sweet little holes.   

I stamped the beautiful, scripty sentiment from LET'S TOAST.   I love when I re-discover a set I had tucked away. I also tucked in a MINI SCALLOPED EDGE. Ahhh! love that Die-namics. 

Then the large IB BUTTERFLY DIE-NAMICS  called my name. I cut the largest one from Hot Fudge cardstock and made it into a corrugated piece of "cardboard" with a quick turn of my CRIMPER!!! I know you have one....pull it out and use it. It's fun and adds great texture to your Die-cut pieces. 

I layered my butterfly with another die cut Butterfly in pink, a button, burlap twine and gave him sweet little antenna with two pearl topped hat pins! 



The whole card was finished off with a few touches of green, just like the inspiration piece. I added in a few LEAFY FLOURISHES in Spring Moss cs. I can't wait to pop this one in the mail to my bestie! She does deserve the best!

Check out the Cupcake INspiration Challenge HERE! and don't forget to stop by the MFT Blog for a full list of participants today. 









Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just stunning! So elegant!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love butterflies and this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love your butterfly and doiily combination, it's a beautiful card. I am so thrilled that MFT sponsored the Cupcake Inspirations and even more excited that the DT played along.
    thanks a bunch
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project Lisa! Love the layered butterflies and the fancy doily!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!