Saturday, July 7, 2012

MFT and ASFYTT....Dream



How cool is this?!! I have been a fan of Jen's monthly, A Sketch for you To Try for years now.  I especially love her new monthly format that she began last year.  That means, every month she has a different sponsor and this month's sketch happens to have one of mine (and yours, I'm sure) favorite sponsors.....My Favorite Things!


I had these pretty and muted papers from an OLDER line by My Mind's Eye (I think it's from the So Sophie line) sitting on my desk. I just love the pretty scripty background. 



Using the new, MY FAVORITE SENTIMENTS (it's a STEAL this month in honor of MFT's Birthday!) I stamped the gorgeous "Dream" sentiment in Latte AMuse ink. 

I used the two skinniest and smallest FISHTAIL FLAG STAX BANNER DIE-NAMICS  along the left of my card, but placed them behind my sentiment panel so it didn't block the message. 



For the circle element from the sketch, I chose to cut and layer up a gorgeous new PLENTIFUL PETALS DIE-NAMICS. I do love how this flower has so many looks, depending on how you layer it. I love to add a foam dimensional between the layers to give it extra depth. A flower center, button and some burlap twine (from Ribbon Carousal) pretty it up. 


The whole front panel is accented with some wonky, crazy stitching. I went around twice with my machine.  I also added some Antique Linen distress ink to all my edges. MFT Card Stock on this one is Hot Fudge, Sno Cone, and Whip Cream. 


You can find the Sketch HERE and all the details about how to play. You have a month to play AND you can enter as many times as you'd like. 

Be sure to check out the link's Jen adds, not only is the ASFYTT team showing samples, but there are quite a few of my fellow MFT teammates with beautiful samples. 

Click on any of the graphics or links in my post to head straight to the MFT Boutique!







Pin It


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the fishtails and how you built that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, love the colors and the great design with this months sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Lisa! Love your take on the sketch! The little banners are so sweet, and the flower is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the flowers and the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Lisa! Love the beautiful bloom and mix of pretty patterned papers! What a fab sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!