Monday, March 22, 2010

Post no.2-TSG Simplicity Challenge

  • if you are looking for my H{ippity} Hop post, please scroll down!


I'm double posting today, since tomorrow is the start of the There She Goes sneak peeks of the new release. Get ready for a fun and fabulous week! And, well, I just love this card I made for the Monday, TSG Challenge-Simplicity!



Here's the challenge: This week we are challenging you to simplify your stamping by creating a one layer card. You are allowed to have images that are popped up with dimensional on your card but no other layers/panels! Limit your embellishments to only one kind (but you can use multiple of that embellishment). So get out those stamps and enjoy some simplicity in your stamping this week.

Here's my card.

I used the Blossoms nestie to create an embossed frame for my hot air balloons. I also sponged on some bashful blue ink to make a sky. I paper pieced my ballons on some fun Jillibean Soup dp and popped them up over the stamped clouds. I finished the card off with a little sentiment from the same set, Aim for the Clouds, and tied off a button with some twine. Paper piercing in a great way to add interest to a one layer card!Be sure to stop by the TSG blog to see all the details and how to enter for your chance at a prize.

And stop by these DT member blogs for some more TSG inspiration!

I'll be back with one more post for the day-yep, it's a busy week! Hugs, Lisa

6 comments:

  1. OMG, this is fabulous! The clean and simple nature really makes it stellar! And I am so impressed with your unique sentiment location! Way to go! and thanks for the fabulous weekend!! What a blast- can't wait to do it again! I got 10 pages done altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try and play along this time as well as I have gotten new stamps from TSG. :) Very neat idea to create the embossed section for the cloud feeling. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ... LOVE...this card!! It made me sigh with its happy perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love this one layer wonder, lisa! gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the blossom nestie, just so clever! Great olc!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!