Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TCPTuesday {Signed, Sealed, and delivered}

Hello and welcome back to my blog.  I always love when you stop by. Today I have a handmade gifty, complete with pretty packaging for the December TCP Tuesday challenge
I was inspired by some felt ornaments I saw at Target last week. I almost picked one or two up and then I said....."hey, I can make that!". 
Don't be scared. I'm a simple girl and let's be honest.....IT'S CRUNCH TIME!!! I don't need to make anything that is going to take forever, I can keep it simple AND still make it CUTE. 



I created this beautiful felt Christmas Tree ornament all from an assortment of TCP Cut Ups! Let me show you.

1. Choose the dies, you want to use. I wanted to make a Christmas Tree, so I pulled out the TCP Pennant Cutups. The other dies I used are also from TCP-Icing, and Pinwheel (for the star). 


2. Using felt, go ahead and cut out all your pieces. I used two shades of green felt. Check out TCP Felt Selection HERE. I hand cut the tree trunk and then pulled out a few buttons and sequins for my embellies. 


3. I use fabric glue to attach my felt pieces to the felt triangle. 


4. Hand sew on your buttons, to be sure they are nice and secure. 


5. Turn your tree over and add LOTS Of double sided tape to cover the whole back. I used scor-tape. I also added a silver cord to the top, so I had something to hang my ornament on to the real tree with. 


6. Attach the straight edged pennant piece to the scalloped edged pennant piece. You can leave the ornament as is, or add a few other embelliments to the top like I did. I decided it needed some bling, so I added some sequins and a silver glitter star to the top. 

Here is a closer look at the finished product. 

I needed to figure out a way to give the gifty. I found some of these brown organza bags in my stash. I love that it's a bit see-through, but you still can't tell exactly what is inside. All it needed was a pretty coordinating tag to dress it up. 

To make my tag, I pulled out my newly purchased Topper Cutups. It is seriously awesome that you can make any sized tag with this set of dies. I cut a piece of Factory Green cs to 2.5 x 5 inches and used the cutups to create my decorative edges. 


 I dressed up my tag even more with a glittery silver Snowflake.



And the bottom with the Holiday Topper Cutups and a stamp from the newly released, Believe stamp set. 


SO there you have it. A fairly simple gifty you can make for any friend, co-worker or neighbor. Now to get busy....I've got 6 more of these to make, I decided. 



Here are the Deets. We Hope you'll play along. 
  1. The First Tuesday of the Month I will post a challenge on this blog. That’s right! Here!
    The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design right here on this page using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don’t have to search around)
    If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESDec13. But, only entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper
  3. The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
  4. Cards and projects must have at least one Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
  5. On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
  6. The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog

Have a great Tuesday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornament and pretty gift presentation Lisa - a fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty ornament! And thank you for showing how! SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!