Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Catered Crop {mini snowman trio}

Have you stopped by this week's Catered Crop Challenge?  Size matters.....especially when you go small. There is nothing sweeter than a mini little hand made card. They are SO perfect for SOOO many occasions. 

I got busy with some MFT products from last month's release. I figured I'd better get them inky before I order something from this month's release. Gosh, do the months fly by! haha. 

So I cut some kraft cardstock into 6x3 inch strips and folded them in half to make this trio of cards. The stamp set is, PI-Happy Heart Snowman.  


I did him up three ways, to give you a look at how you can color him. First up is coloring on Kraft card stock with Prisma Colored Pencils. I also pieced up his sweet little heart and stamped the sentiment right on top of the pattern paper (that's Bundled Up, btw.) with Black Licorice ink. 

I used all MFT products on these cards. Each card also shows off the cool Swiss Dots cover plate. LOVE those teeny little holes. I cut them from Sno Cone cs and then mounted it over top of a piece of Sweet tooth cs, giving the feel of snow falling. 

Next one I used Copic markers to color in this cutie. I think it's still my preferred way to color. I just love the blending you can do with these makers. 

This time I used the pink triangle pattern paper to stamp my sentiment onto. I cut it from one of the Sentiment Strips Die-namcis
After I had my card put together. I decided to add some bling. One of the easiest ways to add sparkle to a project is with Stickles glitter. I just added a little bit here and there as I didn't want to over do it. 

Finally, I pulled out my distress markers. I stamped my snowman onto some Mixed Media paper with black Archival ink. Since I was going to be working with an aqua painter, I needed to make sure my ink didn't smear. 


For my detailed shot on this one, I wanted to show another way to add glitter. I love the look of the Rock Candy Distress Glitter. I simply added some liquid glue to some of my edges and then sprinkled on the glitter. When it dries, it really looks icy and cold, Perfect for this snow man. 


This time I used a Fishtail flag Stax Die-namics to stamp my sentiment on to and then finished it off with a sweet, teeny kraft burlap bow. 

Here's a final look at the trio of cards. I think I might tie them up with some pretty twine and tuck them in a teacher's gift next week. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to play along with us at the Catered Crop. Linda picks a few entries to play along with us on the next challenge. It's always for fun and you can use any product! Check it out HERE. 



Photobucket

4 comments:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!