Saturday, November 27, 2010

MFT Teaser Time!



Happy Saturday! It's that time once, again....the December release is upon us and for the next 5 days, we'll tempt, and tease with lots and lots of fabulous eye candy!


Here's what you need to know:



  • check out the list of Teaser posts on Kim's Blog everyday around 11 am (EST)

  • leave comments along the way-someone will have secret blog candy (2 $10 gift vouchers for the MFT boutique!) to give away, plus our Dec. Temp team is working hard this month, make sure you tell them how great they are doing!

  • join us for the release party fun on Wed. Dec.1 in the MFT forum 8-10 pm-fun, prizes, and chit chat

  • Enter the Guest Designer Challenge for a chance to hang with the MFT DT next month and win over $100 in free stamps. Check out the DETAILS HERE!

Now onto my teasers! This is the new Tweeny Teen called You Give Me Wings! I think she is just the sweetest thing, and can't wait to make a few more cards with her for my tween-aged neicese. You can't see it well in the photo, but I added some Glitzy Glitter to her wings.


Die-namics here are the Cloud Trio and Little Open Scallop. I added a Perfect Plaid Ribbon/button tab and some sweet My Mind's Eye, Animal Craker paper! Dontcha love the pink and orange color combo?! I do! ☺ I've also been practicing coloring hair with my black and grey copics. Practice makes all the difference.

Up next is a little tutorial for you showing my Guest Designer Contest Sample. Joanne and I are hostesses with the mostest this month and we've challenged you to Stitch it Up!
created a quick little heart pouch with a coordinating love note. Here's how I did it. Beate did this great video tutorial on how to stitch up the pouch with an easy button stitch (watch it for a visual HOW-TO on steps 2 & 3). You can see that here.

Beate made a mitten, but I needed a heart and didn't have a die big enough to cut one the size I wanted. I almost cut one free hand, but decided that was too big a gamble with my precious MFT FELT.

  1. So I traced and cut 2 hearts from the negative of some chipboard I had on hand.

  2. lay them on top of each other and sew together with sewing machine.

  3. use button stitch and embroidery floss to add a fun stitched detail around the heart, leaving the top open, creating a pouch.

  4. use the new dainty dots die-namics die to cut red felt for handle

  5. stitch one end of the die-cut handle to the top of heart
  6. stitch on button with red floss

  7. using the new Hearts a Plenty die-namics die, cut felt hearts, sew together with button and attach to front of the finished pouch with adhesive. I finally got some the The Best Glue Ever and I am really liking it. I found if you use thin lines of it, it works great to hold felt pieces in place (you don't want it soaking through the felt, so keep it thin.) Here's the finished heart pouch, up close.

Here are a few other details I dont' want you to miss:
I used 2 new die-namics for this project-Hearts a Plenty


and dainty dots border. On the coordinating love note card I used:


the small scallop die-namics


Clearly Sentimental abou YOU stamp set


You Spin Me Additions stamp set


Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you tomorrow with more teasers!


Photobucket

36 comments:

  1. Such a SWEET card, Lisa, and that little heart bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hannah...you are AMAZING! LOVE your Tweeny Tween card...the clouds are PERFECT! Your heart bag...ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST LOOOOVE those Heart Dienamics... SUPER project, and SO glad I can't participate this month, LOL BUTTONS KICK MY ARSE!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big WOW on your felt heart project. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card -- the sentiment in the cloud is so perfect!

    Your challenge sample is FABULOUS! I love the heart tote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow!!! Looks like I'll need to try that sewing machine of mine soon. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh goodness these are both super adorable projects! love the color combo on tweeny teen and the heart felt bag rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the heart pouch! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. Love the little tag behind the cloud and the little heart bag! FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling! All of it! I love the stitching....anything fabric steals my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creations are all fab Lisa, love the little heart bag what a fun idea! And the Tweeny Teen is an absolutely must have stamp:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your card! And your heart project is awesome!!!! That little heart purse is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the challenge! Love the papers and layout and how you used the cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the added clouds!! And that challenge heart bag... Fantastic!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Lisa, these are both DARLING! I love the dotted handle on the little bag! And then the little bit of ribbon under the button on your Tween card...love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is just perfectly girly! And gasp...at that sweet little felt bag. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a sweet card!! love the glitter wings!! And that heart bag!!!!! Oh my!!! :)

    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Adorable project Lisa! I will have to get my thinking cap on for the DT contest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Completely fabulous girlie!! Love that heart pouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute card! I like the colors. The felt pouch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these projects, Lisa! That felt heart bag is AMAZING! And the Tweeny Tween is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good Googily Moogily Lisa! What wonderful creations! The card is so sweet and happy! I love your little felt bag too! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. That paper on the card is perfect with the stamp! And what a sweet little idea for Valentines with that second one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cutesy tween! A must- have just for all the possibilities. And the heart project is great!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lisa your little card with Tweeny Teen is adorable and your challenge project is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your cards the best! neveer heard of the glue will have to check it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable, love the way you colored her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  29. how girlie! makes me wish I had a girl to create for :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is just adorable! I love the little piece of ribbon, and the way you used your dies is just perfect! This card is just too cute! Oh and your heart work, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable designs! LOVE the cloud dies with the first card, and your little felt heart pouch and card are a knock-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!