Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Color Throwdown 379-Friendship flowers


Hello, everyone! It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge! Lynn is our hostess and has the colors for this week. With Valentine's Day a week from today, how about  a romantic color palette for this week's challenge.  And what's more romantic than roses and water colored heart shaped sugar cookies with flecks of edible gold, right?   With water coloring so on trend right now I thought these colors and inspiration photo would be fun, I hope you like them too.


Remember, we're using generic colors, so as long as you use the color values shown: Pink, purple/mulberry, metallic gold, and hot pink, you'll be good...the color police won't come after you--this is all about having fun! And, feel free to incorporate any other neutrals you need in your design, as well. 

If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD379, and please use #ctd379 and #colorthrowdown on social media sites. Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog--all of the "rules" are in the right sidebar, so check 'em out to be sure. 




I love purple. It's my favorite color, but I don't often reach for it when I create cards. I was super excited about this week's colors. I started with a water colored background. I used my distress inks and smooshed them onto an acrylic block. Spritzed with water and then laid it down on some distress water color card stock. Once it was dried, I gave it a splattering of purple ink and some clean water to added some extra interest. 


Stamps and all dies are brand new from Reverse Confetti. Oh, my. Those flowers just make me happy. I stamped the Garden Bunch with my purple and pink ombre ink and then used the coordinating Garden Bunch Confetti Cuts to cut them out. I tucked in some of my favorite Leafy die cut pieces. The touch of gold was added with the largest Swirlies die and some sequins. The sentiment is from A Friend Like you

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Woohoo! She is with us FULL TIME NOW!!
and
so excited about
this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer-Kay Miller!







Have a beautiful Wednesday! 



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa, I love the background you created and the flowers are so pretty with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!! Love your soft watercolored BG and your design with the new RC goodies is so perfect! Can't wait for that floral set to show up in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABulous watercoloured BG. Love the soothing purple tones you used on this Friendship card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Lisa! Your watercoloring is so pretty and your flowers and touches of gold look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That water color background is so pretty! I love that Garden Bunch set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That water color background is so pretty! I love that Garden Bunch set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning background! Thank you so much for telling me how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the gold against the watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful, Lisa! I love the gorgeous water colored background with the delicate flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!