Saturday, January 26, 2013

Photobombed and a Studio Calico challenge

One of my favorite paper companies right now is Studio Calico. Actually, I've loved them for a long time, but I really have been using their papers ALOT lately and I can't wait to get my hands on the new CHA release papers.
  
I checked out their blog recently and stumbled across THIS challenge:
Make a layout or card following this recipe: 
  • 4 squares
  • 3 small round embellishments (brads, enamel dots, rhinestones, etc.)
  • alphabet stamps
  • paper strips (cardstock, patterned paper, journaling strips, etc.)
  • mist

 Lots of fun and a great excuse to scrap this Instagram pic of my boys. It was a total Photobomb by my middle son, Ryan, well his foot, anyway! 



The used the Darling Deer papers from Studio Calico, along with some of my favorite MFT products. The Journal it-Graph Paper Notes stamp set is sooo fun and it had the perfect sentiment for my layout. I stamped it in MFT's Black Licorice ink onto sweet tooth paper.  I also added one little CHEVRON STRIPE with black licorice cs to draw your eye down to my journaling. 


Of course a few ACCENT IT-LABELS AND TABS had the just-right embellies to add those little bits and pieces to accent my photo. I think those cool, rounded squares are so fun to work with. The darling CUTE CAMERA Die-namics nestled  right in the middle of my tabs. 

I added a quick spritz with my trusty, SU Spritzer tool and then added a few drops of Studio Calico's Mister Huey White. After the drop hit my paper, I gave a quick, dab with my finger to make it more splat-like. 

I am loving these 6x12 pages. I picked up a few of the PL sleeves in this size and I love how fast I can scrap 1 photo. I sometimes feel guilty only adding 1 picture to a full 12x12 layout. This is the perfect solution for me. 
Inlinkz shopping list:
Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Fab LO page! Love the design and little splatters of white paint. :)

    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat layout!! Love the paper and the paint splatter effect!! I think I need the new die-cut label and tabs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Amazing combination of elements for this fantastic layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!