Sunday, August 24, 2008

Washington Apple


oooo, I love these colors and the patterns in this dsp paper pack! I designed one of my swap cards with this paper and after I had that task completed I rewarded myself and played a little bit more with the paper. I came up with these two cards. The first one was for a challenge over at Limelight. Mandy came up with this sketch and then we were challenged to use stickers or rub-ons to make a quick and easy card. My friend Becky is on their DT and this card of hers helped inspire this challenge. I love how mine turned out and yes it was super quick. Plus it was a great way to show off different pattern from the dsp pack. The next card came from me just playing with my new dies that came with my Big Shot starter kit. The bird and flowers are from the Bird and Blooms Sizzlits Die. I punched out some cirlces with my 1 inch and 3/4 inch circle punches to mix up the centers of the flowers. I also added a beautiful new button from the Button Bouquet. The only stamping on this card was the sentiment from On Your Birthday stamp set. The inside of the card is finished off with the rest of the birthday greeting, "wishing you the happiest Birthday yet!" I think this one is my favorite. I love how the little wing of the birdie pops up, like he is ready for flight. Have a wonderful day! Hugs,



7 comments:

  1. FUN cards Lisa! I'm partial to the name of the dp...since I live in Washington :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are fabulous Lisa! I must add this paper to my wish list now, such bright fun colors! Love the bird and flowers you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love that paper and what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!!! I love that new paper!!! Can't wait to get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so colorful and fun! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I love how you used the bird and the flowers with the dsp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!