Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 2 Make-n-Takes!








By 3:00 on the second day, we were really starting to feel pretty tired. I think I am the only one at my table that actually finished all my make-n-takes. I was super excited to use my Favorite new stamp set, Inspired by Nature. There are four stamps in the set and the grass and flowers are Ginormous silhouette stamps. Check out that oval, it is a new punch-a wide oval and it fits this sentiment (I think this is my new motto!) perfectly!! The bag is a white gift sac that we carry and we covered the front side with Tangerine Tango cs and some ds paper. The dsp is from the new Prints Pattern paper. I think SU did another FAB! job in the dsp department. I think I could order $100 worth right away! Check out the scrapbook page. What a great color combo and guess what size it is? Give up? It is an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 square page. We were a little confused by this, until we discovered that SU now carries an 8 1/2 inch chipboard album! Jaron showed us some very cool albums done with these and a Simply Scrappin' kit. I haven't added pictures to my page yet, since I will add this to a 12x12 page and make it fit the size I scrap in. Although, I think I will have to give the chipboard albums a go. I love that you can create your own cover. Isn't the flower in the left corner adorable? Here is a close up. It is the new Flower Fusion Too (the felt flowers just in new fun colors). The center of the flower is one of the beautiful new Designer Series buttons. YUM-O! The stamps used on this page are from a new butterfly set, Flight of the Butterfly. It is a pretty, two-step stampin' set. The final make-n-take project used the Flight of the Butterfly set, too. It shows the versatility of the set since this card shows no butterflies. Instead it shows how you can use the butterflies as background sets. I also tried my hand at the Coluzzle circle cutter. I can never get mine to work properly at home, I have come to the conclusion that I need a new blade for mine. The brad in the center of the flower is from the Vanilla Hodge Podge Hardware kit. This kit is awesome, and like I said yesterday I can't wait to place my order on the the 11th. Hope you liked all the projects we did. It has been fun getting to share the love! Have a great weekend! Hugs,