Tuesday, April 29, 2008

NMBS-NVR Swap



All these letters, what do they mean? NMBS is another swap group I am a part of, it stands for No More Bad Swaps. Normally we do all SU stuff, but with this swap those that participated wanted to show off some of the other non-SU products we have. NVR stands for No Vendor Requirements.
It's a dark and gloomy morning here but I wanted to get this card uploaded since I don't know when I'll be back on the computer today. This card uses the PTI set, Pond Life and the Lemon Tart Perfect Match Cs and ribbon. When I started this card I knew I wanted to use this turtle image and the rectangle die cut with my scalloped nestabilities. I pulled some colors to see what would look good with the Lemon Tart and soft sky and celery just spoke to me. Seriously they did. They said, "use us, make a baby card." Don't these colors just scream BABY! I ran the soft sky scalloped rectangle through the swiss dots embossing folder and used a few different words from two other PTI sets (I tried a bunch to see which would fit in the lg. star punch) to create the sentiment. The only SU products I used were the sky and celery cs and ink, and both star punches. Oh, and I used Crystal Effects on the shell of the turtle. I am please with how it turned out. Now I just need to get them out in the mail. Nothing like squeezing it all in at the last minute!



3 comments:

  1. I love the stars with the sentiment!! Blue sky does look good with lemon tart, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, can't wait to see it IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!!! I love what you did with the turtle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!