Tuesday, April 29, 2008

GSGC02, A Strawberry Birthday



The Great Swap Girls posted their second challenge yesterday. This week it was a sketch challenge. Anyone can play, so stop by and check it out ! I did another card using a new non-SU set but I'll show you that one tomorrow since I haven't posted any SU stuff in a while. The Tart and Tangy stamp set is such a fun set to work with and can be used for any occasion. I stamped the strawberry twice, once in real red and once in wasabi. I cut them both out and then just added the cut,wasabi, stem piece to the red berry. I did add some stickles to the top of the berry and used my Janome sew mini to stitch around the printed wasabi piece of paper. I also added a stitched border around the sentiment. If you ever wanted to add stitching to your cards and have never sewed anything in your life (that was me!) get the Janome. It is a small investment but oh so easy to use. Gina K has an amazing tutorial about how to sew on your cards to help you get started. All products are SU (except the stickles and sewing machine)Stamp:Tart and Tangy, They say it's your BirthdayCS:Jersey shore ds paper,Kraft, real red, choc. chipInk:real red, wasabiAccessories:wide choc. chip grosgrain ribbon, patina stickles, janome sew mini, bold brights brads
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Cute stitching and I love the kraft with the wasabi! I am still fighting the sewing machine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute!!! Love what you did with the sketch!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!