Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Crazy For Christmas- Lil' Gifties




We are back with the Crazy for Christmas feature from Reverse Confetti. The fun kicked off yesterday. Make sure you stop the RC Blog to see all the goodness! We hope to inspire you to do some fun and creative things with your crafting supplies this holiday season. It's no better time to jazz up a gift with your homemade touch on it. Today we are featuring Lil' Gifties!



I gift A LOT of gift cards during the holiday. Teachers love them, teens love them, I love them. So I am always trying to find a fun and cute way to gift them. Well, the Gift Card Holder Tag is the coolest die for this. It looks great cut with cardstock or pattern paper, but today I kicked it up a knotch on the Handmade scale and used some pretty felt and added some stitching. I have two for you today in different color combos, one traditional and the other in a soft and pretty combo. 


 For each one, I cut the large tag base twice. I then cut the rounded rectangle die and added a zig zag stitch to hold the felt layer in place. I then used the slit die included in the set to cut through both layers of the gift card.



 This is ok, because you will be adding a strong adhesive (I used some Scor-tape) on the backside of the layered felt tag and then adhering it to the second large tag base. Like in this photo. The olive felt layer will still create the pocket to hold the Gift Card and the solid large tag will hid the backside of the stitching.  Embellish as you wish. 


On this one, I added two Cloud White Snowflake Trio Confetti Cuts. I topped them with a clear sparkle sequin. 



I also added a tag to the top with some ribbon and solid twine. I used the new Tall Tag Trio Confetti Cuts and cut it from the pretty candy cane striped paper from Very Merry 6x6 paper. I stamped the sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments. This photo also shows how the gift card slips right into that pocket. 





My next Gift Card Holder Tag was cut the same way I did the first one and stitched on the rounded rectangle panel. I love this color combo. It's so soft and pretty.



 It was a perfect excuse to cut the Holly Confetti Cuts with the Warm Hearts plaid paper. I added a banner from Flowers For Mom in my favorite Mist card stock and then stamped a greeting from Jolly Holiday



Here is the list of the DTmembers posting today!
I can't wait to see what they have in store. 



















See you back here tomorrow for more Crazy for Christmas fun!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love these tags Lisa... so pretty out of felt... great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh....they are gorgeous in the felt! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable, Lisa!! you know me - anything feltie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!