Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Think Green {hello}

I am really hopeful Spring will arrive soon. Right now, I'll even take a few consistent warmer days in a row. Brrrr! It's still so COLD. I was thinking green and Spring yesterday as I was creating (and getting dressed....I happened to pull out my green beaded bracelets.....see it was a mood I was in for sure). I used green accents on this card and lots of MFT goodies. 
I am playing along with the latest Card Concept #4 challenge. It's a Floral theme and I used the Freestyle Collage style. 

I was also inspired by my friends over at MFT. They showed off LOTS of stencil techniques with this month's creative challenge. Fun stuff. 



I started with Grout Gray cs and the Delicate Doily stencil. I used a sponge dauber and Grout Gray ink to create the soft and pretty background. 


I also tried the layered die cut technique for my sentiment. I cut the "hi" 3 times from Gumdrop Green cardstock and then glued them all together. It's such a cool way to add more dimension. 


I had the yellow rolled rose already on my desk from a previous project. I stamped some polka dots in Lemon Drop ink on the rose before I rolled it up. I cut two more Mini Rolled Roses in Grout Gray and stamped the Typewriter Text background stamp over top before rolling those. I tucked in a few of my favorite Layered Leaves and then scattered some yummy sequins from Pretty Pink Posh around the flowers. OMG....those clear ones are sooooo pretty.This is fair warning....I'm on a sequin kick....I've been using them on all my projects lately. 

Here is the inspiration photo for the challenge.

I'm also linking this up to the latest Cardabilities #93 challenge. I loved the sketch, so I used it for my card design. 
Thanks a bunch for stopping by today. Sending you warm wishes! 



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. If you are looking forward to Spring, that means Autumn isn't far away in my part of the world and I'm so not ready for that yet.

    Your card is absolutely gorgeous - your background is awesome and your rolled flowers rock. And sequins ... ooh-la-la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Lisa!!! I am so ready for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yellow blossom is like sunshine - so warm and cheerful! Love that you paired it with grey and just a touch of green! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so gorgeous Lisa, I love the yellow and small grey flowers, so dainty.
    They look fabulous on the stenciled background. Love the cut-out leaves too. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!