Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Catered Crop {good birthdays}

Waving Hi! It's the start to what will hopefully be a short week, thanks to the US Presidents Day holiday yesterday. The boys were home from school and busy with some friends, so that gave mama a little stampy time! 
It's time for another Catered Crop Recipe Swap inspiration challenge and we are celebrating.....Birthdays! I know this will be an easy one for you all and I hope you'll play along. Check out the Inspiration Board over on Linda's blog

I created a sweet little square card that could be used for either a female or male birthday. I added texture with an embossing folder (Arrows from SU!). Please note-all Product links are listed below. 


I then pulled out a few of my Reverse Confetti birthday sentiments and created a fun layered stamp panel.  It's easy to do, just start with your lightest ink and then layered on top with the darker color. 

I went tone on tone for the background words, stamping "happy birthday" from Lots to Say and "birthday wishes" from Sweet Thing in Sno Cone ink on the sno cone paper. I used Black Licorice ink to make the rest of what I wanted to say, really POP! 

I decided at the last minute to add one more stamped element and that was a few green arrows from Paper Crane in Gumdrop green ink. A pretty row of gold sequin trim finished this one off. I love that it is relatively flat, which will make mailing it out, that much easier. 




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I love the tone on tone with all the other subtle but oh so gorgeous textures. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!