Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch 207 {hello}


I've got TWO posts coming today. This is my first one. It's Sunday.....time for the next Sweet Sunday Sketch! I used some Lawn Fawn stamps for my card today. Gosh, I love this deer! 


I started out with some Grout Grey cs and cut out those fabulous stitched diagonals with the Stitches & Stripes cover up die by Lil' Inker Designs (all links below). I added LOTS of dimensionals and popped it up on top of some Sno Cone cardstock. I used a strip of gold sequins along the bottom, following the sketch. 


In place of the rectangle in the sketch, I actually used the deer as my focal point. I colored him up with Copics and cut him out. I  then stamped the "hello" speech bubble in some Gold encore ink and cut that out. I tried to get a detail shot of how pretty it is in real life. 


I added some sequins for a simple embellishement. I really love how you can use a few, simple products to create a lot of detail on a card like this. 

Here is this week's sketch. 



Stop by Karen's Blog for all three challenge details. 

 Don't forget to see what the Sweet Sunday Sketch team has done this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous Sunday and a great start to your week.  



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love all the sparkly sequin accents you used. And, I love that little deer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How flippin' adorable! I love this Lisa. The background die is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, So adorable!!! Love that little deer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is tooooo cute!! I love that deer too and think I definitely need that diagonal die!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! Love the strip of sequins and that gorgeous cover up die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. And that die is amazing. A must have!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!