Saturday, January 17, 2009

Viva La Verve!

Most of you know who Julee Tillman is and have probably seen lots of her sketches (mojo Monday ring a bell?). She is fabulous and famous and owns a wonderful stamp company called Verve Stamps. I love the stamps, but for some reason only have purchased 1 set, Anniversary birds. I told you the other day I've been hangin' out in some of the other stamp company forums (very dangerous, but very fun! and inspiring!). So the last three Friday's I have been working Amber's awesome sketches for the Viva La Verve Challenges. Check them out here. I haven't shared these cards with you yet so I thought today should be the day. Plus, I am super excited about the card I made yesterday. I'll show that one first. I went all out on this one-lots of layers, added ribbon, cyrstal effects, a fun Bittersweet brad, distressed stickles , scallops, and one of my favorite color combos (apricot, regal rose, pumpkin pie!).
This paper was a must have once I saw in the Limelight Papercraft store. I knew the butterflies would look great with some of the Unity butterfly images I have (Unity knows butterflies). The sentiment is from PTI, Butterfly Kisses. Check out all the layers.
So that first card is for week 3 of the Viva La Verve challenges. Here are my cards for week 1 and week 2.

I got use some of my retired yummy pomegranate satin ribbon with the Raspberry tart dsp on this one. The bird is from the Verve set, Anniversary birds. We had to use hardware on this challenge, so I added the row of Bittersweet brads.This was the week two challenge card. I created this funky bird with some new dsp I got in my CARDS prize pack. I think it is Scenic Route. This challenge card had to include some bling! I blinged it up with Shimmerz and rhinestone brads. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is fun!

Hugs, Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Super cute cards Lisa! I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, that butterfly card is GORGEOUS! Such pretty colors and patterns and great dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa!! these are absolutely beautiful...you are working some serious mojo Girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous!!! Your butterflies are gorgeous, and I love how the pomegranate ribbon works with the second one. Nice bling on the last one, and that paper is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lisa - love those birds! And, that ribbon on that last one is super cute!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!