Friday, January 23, 2009

Recipe Organization

I think I have told you before, that organization isn't one of my strong points. I do have a place for everything, but often times items don't get put back were they belong and piles start adding up. I always know where things are, though. My craft room is usually a mess, I did clean it yesterday (my parents arrived and need a place to sleep) so I will have some photos of my craft space next week if you are interested. I am always interested to other people's space. It's fun to see where my online stamping peeps do their creating! So where is all this leading to, RECIPES. Today is Stamp Something day and our challenge has to do with recipes! Create something to do with recipes!
I love to cook and collect recipe after recipe to try someday. The food network is my favorite channel and foodtv.com is a great site for finding all the yummy dishes the celebrity chefs make. I have a stack of recipes printed out and I store them in a a file folder in my cupboard. It is not very organized nor is it very pretty to look at.
For my recipe challenge, I decided to do up a nice pretty folder to keep in my cupboard. I picked my designer paper (Summer picnic from SU, now retired) and traced and cut out the shape of the folder. I wanted a little stamping on it, so I stamped the word recipe (yes, I meant to write the word, recipes, with an S, but in my haste of getting this challenge done I did not space out my letters and ran out of room. I didn't have time to re-do it. See, I'm not a perfect stamper either! lol!). I used black craft ink and then embossed the letters with black embossing powder. I jazzed it up a bit further with some pumpkin striped ribbon. I created a little matching clip to hold all the papers together too. I think it turned out cute! Can't wait to see what the other DT members come up with. Make sure you join in the fun this week. Our Sponsor is Jessica Lynn Originals, and there is a fun prize up for grabs. Remember to link your creations to the Stamp Something blog. Hugs, Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love to cook and watch Food Network too.
    Your file folder turned out awesome. I love the colors and the DP. Thanks for sharing!! :)


    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for jazzing up a plain folder Lisa...this is fabulous!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Lisa! Might actually make cooking fun (something I do but do not enjoy)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea Lisa! My recipes are thrown on a shelf in the kitchen closet, so this would be a much better solution! Love the fun papers and ribbon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea Lisa!! The food network is on everyday here as well. My husband's the cook though not me! Love the folder great fun colors, hard to lose in a kitchen!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Lisa - it turned out great!!! What a fun idea for holding recipes!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Lisa! Love the colors! Great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous folder for all your recipes. What a brilliant idea. I am not very organised either hun, lol, but never mind :o) I hope you have a really great weekend
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Lisa! I love the colors and lettering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!