Thursday, January 8, 2009

LImelight, Six Chicks Sketch Challenge-It's all about the Texture Baby!

One trend has become VERY noticeable in the paper-crafting industry in the past year: textured products! We have textured cardstock, embossing, fuzzy ribbons, fun flock, and lots of other products that make paper crafting fun to the touch! So this week we ask you: Why don't you reach out and touch....some textured products? (Diana Ross, anyone??) Limelight Papercrafts carries some gorgeous ribbons that are fuzzy, silky, and smooth. Or if that doesn't appeal to you, how about Fun Flock in 9 fun colors!? What about the new Core'dinations textured cardstock? If it's got texture, use it! If you don't have anything from Limelight, that's ok! Use what you do have!



Sketch and Product Challenge with a focus on textured products.
Uploads to SCS should have the keyword: LLPC012.
Participants should post a comment and a link to their card on Mandy's blog. All entries must be submitted by Sunday, January 11th , at midnight to win

What is the prize you ask? It's a 12x12 Chocolate box paper pack! WoooWeee! Wanna see this paper is action? I used the Cherry Cordial on my card. I also got my first Odd Bird Planet Stamp, Bigger Nigel the Owl! Isn't this little owl just the cutest?!!!!!

My image was quite small for the main rectangle of this sketch, so I added the scalloped circle to show off this little cutie. I think my favorite feature of the core'dinations paper is when you emboss them you can then sand them and let the color peek through. The pattern paper is called Loverly Flowers and is by Pepples Inc. So, I kind of laughed at myself after I completed this card, because I think I strayed from the challenge a bit. Not the sketch, but using the textured products. I did an awful lot of distressing on this card, I guess I confused myself. But then distressing your paper adds texture, right? I also kicked myself for not getting some flock on my last order with Limelight. I really wanted some for this little guy. You know what that means?....another order will be placed soon! Have fun with the sketch, and don't forget to see what the rest of the DT came up with!

Becky

Katie
Jen Marie
Brandi

Ryann

Lee (she's on a roll this month, lots of guest DT work for her-way to go girl!)
Mandy

Hugs, Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Love how you adapted the sketch, and the ribbon/button thingy is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally stinkin' adorable!!! Love this challenge, I am on it - lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great card love the colors..... hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh sooooo cute!!!! That owl is adorable and OMGosh I LOVE that cherry cordial!! YUMMMY!!!!!

    Thanks for the luv!!!! It means so much from all of you talented ladies and I'm making such wonderful friends!!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!