Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Color Throwdown 407-Smile




Hi, everyone!  It’s Lori is our hostess for this week’s Color Throwdown challenge.  The colors from this week's inspiration photo are lime green, teal, and yellow.  The colors are generic and it's fine if you want to add in other neutrals. 

Once you’ve finished your card or other paper crafting project using the colors, add a direct link to your creation using the linky tool at the bottom of the post.  And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD407 if you upload your project to an online gallery. You can use the keywords #ctd407 and #colorthrowdown if you upload to any social media sites (yes, we're on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!).  All of the challenge "rules" are in the right sidebar in case you have any questions.

I used one of my all time favorite sets from Reverse Confetti for today's card, Later Gator. That gator! OMG....it's adorable. I used the Lator Gator Confetti Cuts to cut him out after I colored him up with my copic markers. I used the amazing All Framed Up Confetti Cuts to do just that, frame up my main image panel. Keep checking back, it's back ordered right now. Jen will be restocking it as soon as she can, I am sure. 


I created a sweet little teal mound for him to stand on with the Edgers Confetti Cuts. I then decided on another fun detail with two tones of lime card stock and the Leafy die. Sentiment is super simple, stamped in Tropical Teal Premium Dye ink onto the speech bubble from Jolly Holiday Confetti Cuts. 




For more inspiration, check out the other design team members' creations below, and get inky! And don't forget to join us over on the CTD Blog. We can't wait to see what you create with these new colors.


August Guest Designer - Wanda Guess

Here is a closer look at the products I used today. 













Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this fun card, Lisa...this little alligator made me smile! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't inked up this cute Later Alligator stamp set...YET....but you've totally inspired me to do it soon! I always LOVE your cards/creations...thanks for the AMAZING inspiration, hun!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card really did make me smile Lisa. You alligator is so sweet. I just love how you have used the challenge colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!