Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Color Throwdown 404-Deepest Sympathy

Hi Color Throwdown peeps!  Amy Rohl is our  hostess seat this week, bringing you a beachy color combo - kraft, aqua and white. Keep in mind that these are generic colors, so feel free to use whatever you have on hand to work with this week. And, you can always add in neutrals as well.

If you upload your creation to a public gallery, please use keyword CTD404 and #colorthrowdown and #CTD404 on social media sites so we can see what you've created! When linking up your creation using the Linky tool below, please be sure to add a link to your specific post, not just a general link to your blog. Official rules are in the right sidebar for quick and easy reference. Above all, have fun with the challenge!


I started with a water color panel that I added some ink blending with a trio of distress inks (tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, and tea dye). I then used a paint brush and clean water to add some splatter. I set my panel aside to dry and then blended on more Tea Dye distress ink to some smooth white card stock. I used the Sand Dollar Confetti Cut to create the hand made embellishment. 

I cut a pretty tag from the the In the Bag confetti Cut and stamped the greeting from In a Big Way and tied on some burlap twine.  A scattering of sequins were added as the finishing touch. 



For more inspiration, check out the other design team members' creations below, and get inky! And don't forget to join us over on the CTD Blog. We can't wait to see what you create with these new colors.

August Guest Designer - Wanda Guess
and 
 this week's Guest Star Stamper - Ted Mattos!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So calm and beautiful, Lisa. LOVE that sand dollar and the twine on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sand dollar is looks so real and what a perfect background to show it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So peaceful and comforting!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how beautiful and watery your background is!! And I love that sand dollar! p.s. I also love all of your recent RC new release creations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!