Sunday, December 20, 2015

Final Sweet Sunday Sketch!

Yes. My title is correct. Today marks the end of an era in the stamping world. They say all good things must come to an end, but I don't like this. sniff, sniff! Karen has decided Sketch no. 300 is a perfect place to stop and say good-bye! 

I have loved the Sweet Sunday Sketch for so long! It was always my go-to sketch when I was stuck and needed some inspiration. I was fortunate to work with Karen on the MFT design team years ago and just love her style, her friendship, and her amazing work. Karen has no idea how much joining this team has meant to me. She asked me to join at a time when I received the biggest BLOW to my crafty ego, at a time I could have wrapped it all up and walked away, but BOY am I glad I didn't! Instead, the arms of this team wrapped me in and lifted me up and turned it all around for me. Thank-you Karen for having me.I have loved every minute of Sweet Sunday Sketch and I will miss everything about this challenge. It has been so much more than just stamping! 

So with all that sappiness, let's move on and check out my card I have. I made it just for Karen. She truly is beautiful and amazing! You'll notice I created a top folding card with this sketch. They are my favorite and I just squished it all on to fit. I used all Reverse Confetti stamps and dies today. Papers are from MFT. 

I combined the All About You stamp set and the word die from Tag Me, Too Confetti cut to create my sentiment. I used the tag re-enforcer die from that set to make my scalloped flower and tucked in some of my favorite Leafy greens. I used the Circle 'n Scallops dies to follow the sketch. 


Here is this week's Sketch....the final one! 
more sniffles. 
Have fun with it AND let's go out with a BANG!!!

Thank-you for always hanging with my on Sunday. I have loved all your support and kind words over the years. 



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Lisa! It's been wonderful designing with you and getting to know you during our time on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the mix of patterns and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to take me a long time to get through all of these beautiful posts! You just hit me right in the feels, Lisa! I had no idea how much that invitation meant to you, but I remember all the sadness at that time. I'm more than thrilled to have helped you through that time. You have given this team a huge gift - your talent and creativity have always blown me away. Thank you!! I'm going to miss this challenge like you wouldn't believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa I know exactly what you mean about being excited about being asked to be part of the team and sweet Sunday sketches are my favourite starting off point. Not sure what I'll do without them
    It's been so much fun being on the team with you.
    Your card is super sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors... what a fun sketch! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad news but must be something in the wings for you to soar on! You card is awesome, I love the combo of dots and stripes, a perfect use of the sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!