Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Warm you with Plaid

I've been one lucky duck this last week! Tim was working during the Cat's Pajama's release party, and I was actually awake to join the fun. Good thing, cuz lucky me won 2 new stamps sets! wooohooo! Thanks Alma! annnnd you know what??? Super Speedy shipping means I had my new dies and stamps in hand on Friday. I got this handsome little Sheepish Ewe inky and paired him with some cool new Plaid (cosmo cricket-mitten weather). Last week's challenge was Mad for Plaid. Here are two cards I made for it. This first one uses last week's Mercy's Tuesday Sketch 91. I used had to add some MFT felt cut with my new inside pinking CutUps (I also got the BIG pinking border-great for boy/man cards, when scallops just don't cut it! ha, no pun intended. lol.) Tied on some divine twine and added some embossed snowflakes.

I often struggle with white images and panic, thinking, how in the heck can I make this stand out. Then I remember, that I actually really like to color these images, cuz it really doesn't take a whole lot. I use a real light, light grey like C1, my B000 (this is my FAVE copic marker, btw), and here for the face even my R11. I then just give a quick outline, on the inside of the image and fade out my line with the blending pen. It's quick and easy and really helps a white image (sheep, bunnies, snowmen, ect.) really pop off the page and still have a white, natural appearance. Wow! I'm proud of myself, I gave some coloring tips.

Here's card no. 2 for the challenge. This time I had fun with circles (the kraft and plaid circles here, were actually cast off's from my first card-I couldn't make the sizes work). Pulled out these humongous felt snowflakes I have left from an old SU pack. Both cards are pretty cute, if I don't say so myself. Thanks for stopping by. More goodies coming tomorrow!



Photobucket




8 comments:

  1. These are TOTALLY adorable! I love the paper-pieced scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling here!! I love that big felt snowflake and the soft colors with the pop of the red! total cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your coloring is amazing- so natural that I almost didn't even notice it. Know what I mean? What a cute little guy too- love how you paper pieced the scarf on both cards- awesome! Love 'em both and could not pick a favorite if I was forced to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just noticed the red stitching on your second card! When oh when will I get my sewing machine out and learn how to use it?!? Oh, it's nearly killing me. Today? Tomorrow? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, Lisa, these are just ADORABLE!!! I didn't order the dies, but after seeing them in action I NEED them!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO sweet, Lisa! Love the colors and the plaid paper is one of my Favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are tugging at my heart strings with each creation I look at.. I am not shopping I am not shopping.. I so want it all.. These are so sweet.. Awesome job..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!