Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little stampy time today!

School FINALLY started for us today. We had an extra long summer, thanks to some construction on our high school. The last few weeks have been really relaxing and lazy, but we were ready for a routine to begin.
Of course I couldn't help myself and made the boys pose for a first day of school picture. The reflectors on their backpacks crack me up. I did not color coordinate them, they dressed themselves and just happened to both wear blue today. Bonus for me, come scrapbooking time. I did good, no tears this morning. I sent my middle guy off to first grade, so it was his first FULL day of school. I think first grade is a much harder adjustment than Kindergarten. He did great and was all smiles as he got off the bus.

Soooo, with the start of school, a playdate for my littlest guy, and a nap for hubby (he works tonight) I got some stampy time! Actually, this image, Jolinne-friends forever, I've had colored for a few weeks. She just never made it onto a card during release week. I think she is just the sweetest! Mercy's Tuesday sketch was just what she needed. I also did up the inside and just looooove how the framed greeting die-namics die fits perfectly into the negative piece of my Perfect Bracket die-namics. I'll see you back here tomorrow with another card I made today with some fun The Cat's Pajama's stamps.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Aww how sweet! She is so sweet and I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Lisa! Love the combination of patterns and the warm color scheme. Glad to hear your first grader had a good day--I've taught both kindergarten and first grade and I can definitely say that you're right, it's tough to transition to the big world of first grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I love this! Tying the string on the 3 panels is super cute -I am totally gonna case it!!

    Hey, my oldest started 1st grade today too. Yep, adjusting to a full day is definitely tricky. Like your son, Daniel did really well too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! love the teddy, and the negative cut on the second card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such little cuties! How nice of them to coordinate for your scrapbooking pleasure in the future! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!