Monday, September 13, 2010

Embellish and MFT

So a few weeks back I created this card. I embossed the white polka dots with clear embossing powder, and then sponged on the Marigold, spring moss, and ripe avocado inks with the emboss resist technique. I added the great new Perfect Bracket and Framed Greetings die-namics dies. Pretty, easy, and fairly straight forward. and then last week, I found this great challenge from the online magazine, Embellish. Wellll, you know my love affair with kraft, so I had to jump in with this one. Since both cards used the same color scheme, I thought I'd post them both for you today. Plus I noticed that MFT is the sponsor of this challenge, so I figured it would be a great way to help spread the news!
Sooooo, I had this card almost complete with all felt flowers, but then I re-read the challenge and saw that I had to include some paper piecing. Normally, this is NOT a problem, I love to paper piece, but it threw me for a loop since I had a different plan for those flowers. I did do the small flower in felt and pieced up the other one with some sweet, Delovely dp. I added lots of felt grass, thanks to the fun Fresh Cut Grass die-namics die. Stamps are from the really cute set, How Does Your Garden Grow. The cool thing about this set is the flowers have dies to match! So don't forget the Flower & Leaf Trio die-namics!

Have a super day! See you back tomorrow!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    These colors are wonderful! Love the cards you made with it and they match the challenge really well!! I esp. like the second one, that felt grass is really nice and I'm always crazy about flowers myself!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lisa! I love the sponged and embossed one, especially. At heart, I'm a technique gal, though I hardly ever pull 'em out of my stamping toolbox anymore. *sigh* Thrills me to see it when someone does, though, and gets me inspired. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lisa! Both cards look wonderful! Love your sponged polka dot piece in the first card. Love the embossed background, felt grass and gorgeous flowers in the second one.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love these both, but especially the top card that was not entered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are PURE Lisa-fabulous! LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love both cards. These colors are so Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet.. I think we were meant to be in the DD together because I can barely make a card WITHOUT craft.. I will miss our monthly meetings on the 15th but I think we have lots more in our future.. Keep in touch.. I love these cards. So much texture..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could these get any cuter???? So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!