Friday, September 24, 2010

Crisp Apples

I played along with this week's CAS challenge over on SCS. It was a color challenge-kraft, vanilla, red and brown. I used my new Technique Tuesday stamp, Autumn Afternoon. See my wood grain on the kraft???? It's a new new technique I tried-letter press. Heather Nichol's has a great tutorial on her blog. It's really easy and gives great results, not to mention it gives you "more bang for you buck" with your impression plates. So the image is embossed and inked all at the same time. I inked up my stamp with my good 'ol SU markers. Stamped it on a piece of Basic Grey Manilla Basics dp that was cut with my notebook edge die-namics. Of course I couldn't help but add some bakers twine and a pleated piece of Jillibean Soup dp that was sitting on my desk. I also love that I didn't add a sentiment, that way I can use this card for any occasion. It's good to have a few of these in your stash! Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. love love love! Isn't baker's twine FUN?! This is adorable. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GOSH this is ADORABLE...love the bakers twine and how you folded the paepr of to the side!! TOO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the apple with the tree branch...and that twine is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card.. It is so fallish. That set is one of my favs.. :) I really like the baker's twine.. Great card Lisa.. I will send you some rain.. No baseball today..

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the design of this card-the pressing is fun to do, huh?! lovely card, lisa:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!