Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Technique Wednesday!

If you've been around here enough, you'll know I'm not a huge technique person. I love the look of them, but most of the time I'm just too lazy to give it a go. At the SU Regionals last weekend we learned a cool new technique with chalks. Oh, don't grumble....you'll like this I'm certain. AND it was easy and not too time consuming. It's a chalk-glazed-watercolor technique (nope, didn't pay attention to the correct name). It also helped that Kristin had issued a challenge on SCS in the demo forum (WICKED challenge) to use chalk. She here's what you do.

  1. scrape off a bit of chalk (I used an hobby blade and rubbed gently down the side of the chalk piece) into an empty container.

  2. add a few drops of water to help dissolve the chalk and make a colored pasty-liquid.

  3. add a glob of crystal effects and mix that together. You now have a colored glaze to paint your image with.

I used a q-tip to do the painting. Be sure to emboss your stamped image first so you have a border to keep the glaze inside the lines. It really is a cool technique, giving you a soft water colored-look with a glossy finish. Here's a close up to show the shine.


Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by. I always love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for all your sweet comments. Hugs, Lisa

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lisa! I'm going to have to try this technique! Great pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Lisa, it is beautiful!! What color chalk did you use?? OK, now I'll have to try it myself. Thanks for playing along with my WICKED challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you gave it a try as it's fab to look at. And your bow is pretty fabulous too

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so impressed that you did this! I'm like you, technique-lazy. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh love the bow and the gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!